Summary of work
Construction crews will resurface Smith Ave. and Dodd Rd. (Hwy 149) between West 7th St. in St. Paul and I-494 in Mendota Heights, and Annapolis St. (Hwy 13) between Smith Ave. and Cherokee Heights Blvd in St. Paul , West St. Paul, and Mendota Heights. Crews also will reconstruct the driving surface (bridge deck) of the Smith Ave. High Bridge over the Mississippi River. Additional proposed work includes:
- Improving drainage, sidewalks and pedestrian accessibility
- Replacing signals at five intersections:
- Smith Ave. and West 7th St.
- Smith Ave. and George St.
- Smith Ave. and Annapolis St.
- Smith Ave. and Dodd Rd.
- Dodd Ave. and the I-494 north ramp terminal
- Constructing an additional left turn lane from westbound I-494 to southbound Dodd Rd. (Hwy 149)
- Removing ash trees within the project limits