Summary of work
Construction crews will resurface Smith Ave. and Dodd Rd. (Hwy 149) between West 7th St. in St. Paul and I-494 in Mendota Heights, and Annapolis St. (Hwy 13) between Smith Ave. and Cherokee Heights Blvd in St. Paul, West St. Paul, and Mendota Heights. Crews also will reconstruct the driving surface (bridge deck) of the Smith Ave. High Bridge over the Mississippi River. Additional proposed work includes:
- Improving drainage, sidewalks and pedestrian accessibility
- Replacing signals at five intersections:
- Smith Ave. and West 7th St.
- Smith Ave. and George St.
- Smith Ave. and Annapolis St.
- Smith Ave. and Dodd Rd.
- Dodd Ave. and the I-494 north ramp terminal
- Constructing an additional left turn lane from westbound I-494 to southbound Dodd Rd. (Hwy 149)
- Removing ash trees within the project limits