About this project
The project is located on Hwy 13 from Hwy 19 in Cedar Lake Township to 0.3 miles south of Co Rd 21/Eagle Creek Ave. in the City of Prior Lake, Spring Lake Township and Cedar Lake Township in Scott County.
The main purpose of the project is a full depth reclamation, which involves replacing existing pavement and medians. The full depth reclamation is only in the portion of the project from County Rd. 21/Eagle Creek Ave. to south of Hwy 282. The project extends further south of Hwy 282 to Hwy 19, but only involves drainage improvements in this area.
The Hwy 13 project is being constructed in conjunction with the County Rd. 21 Improvements Project in Prior Lake. Visit that project website for more information: www.movingforward13-21.com.
Summary of work
Locations of proposed project work available on project inset maps.
- Installing a traffic signal at Co Rd 12 (170th St.)
- Replace existing pavement and medians
- Widening shoulder by Sunray Blvd.
- Constructing NB and SB left turn lanes, and a NB right turn lane at Hwy 81 (Fairlawn Ave.)
- Constructing NB and SB left turn lanes, at Vergus Ave/Spring Lake Public Access
- Constructing NB right turn lane at 180th St.
- Pedestrian crossing improvements
- Replace signage
- Drainage improvements
- New trail on the west side of Hwy 13 between Five Hawks Ave. and Anna Trail
This project will occur in two stages:
- Stage 1: Spring to mid-summer 2019
- Stage 2: Mid-summer to fall 2019
View staging map (PDF)
Note: The Hwy 13 and Duluth Ave. intersection will be reconstructed by the city of Prior Lake in 2018. This intersection will then be open to traffic throughout the 2019 Hwy 13 Reconstruction Project.