The dates for some traffic impacts are not known yet, but will be posted as soon as they are determined. Dates may change due to weather.
Lane reductions and weekend closures on Hwy 100 will impact commute times. Motorists should use Hwy 169 or I-35W to bypass the closures and plan ahead.
Upcoming weekend closures
10 p.m. Fri. Aug 5 to 10 p.m. Sat. Aug. 6
- NB Hwy 100 between Hwy 62 and I-394 will be closed
10 p.m. Fri. Aug 12 to 10 p.m. Sat. Aug. 13
- SB Hwy 100 between Hwy 62 and I-394 will be closed
Wed. Aug. 3 through Fri. Aug. 5
- SB Hwy 100 ramp to westbound I-494 will be closed
West 36th St. to 25½ St.
- Hwy 100 between Minnetonka Blvd and Hwy 62 is two lanes in each direction
- Hwy 7 between Wooddale Ave. and the Beltline is closed
- View detour map (PDF)
- All ramps to and from both directions of Hwy 100 and Hwy 7 are closed
- Ramp from Minnetonka Blvd to SB Hwy 100 is closed
- Ramp from NB Hwy 100 to 36th St. is closed
- Ramp from 36th Street ramp to NB Hwy 100 is closed
West 36th St. to Hwy 62
The 70th St. ramp to SB Hwy 100 is now open!
July 20 to mid-August
- 77th St. Bridge over Hwy 100 is closed
Eastbound Detour: EB: 77th St. to SB Hwy 100 to I-494 to NB Hwy 100 to EB 77th St.
Westbound Detour: WB: 77th St. to NB Hwy 100 to 70th St. to SB Hwy 100 to WB 77th St.
- 50th St. ramp to NB Hwy 100 is closed
Detour: Motorists traveling WB on W 50th St. will be detoured to SB Hwy 100 to Hwy 62 loop to NB Hwy 100.
- Two lanes of traffic for both directions of Hwy 100 between Hwy 62 and W 36th St.
Help keep traffic moving safely
Nearby residences and businesses may experience some noise during nighttime construction work. Construction crews will be removing pavement and repaving on both sides of the interstate to build bypass lanes to carry traffic during the upcoming third lane construction.