The dates for some traffic impacts are not known yet, but will be posted as soon as they are determined. Dates may change due to weather.
June 8 through mid-July
- Northbound Hwy 100 to Barry Street/25 1/2th Street will close. for about 30 days. Specific dates are yet to be determined.
Detour: northbound Hwy 100 to westbound I-394 (loop) to southbound Hwy 100 to Westside Drive. Westside drive goes under Hwy 100 to the eastside of Hwy 100.
May 29 through June 1
- Hwy 100 between Hwy 62 and I-394 will close at 10 p.m. Friday, May 29 and will reopen at 5 a.m. Monday, June 1.
- Ramps onto Hwy 100 will close at 9 p.m. Friday, May 29 and will reopen by 5 a.m. Monday, June 1.
- Minnetonka Boulevard Bridge between Salem and W Lake Street is closed through October 2015.
Detour: Minnetonka Boulevard to Louisiana Avenue to Excelsior Boulevard to Hwy 100.
- Hwy 7 loop to southbound Hwy 100
- Hwy 7 to northbound Hwy 100 closed through fall 2016. Detour to northbound Hwy 100: Excelsior Boulevard.
The following ramps are closed through October 2015:
- Minnetonka Boulevard to southbound Hwy 100
- Minnetonka Boulevard to northbound Hwy 100
- Northbound Hwy 100 to Minnetonka Boulevard closed.
- 27th Street to southbound Hwy 100
- Southbound Hwy 100 ramp to Minnetonka Boulevard
- There will be two lanes of traffic in each direction on one side of Hwy 100 through fall 2016.
Schedule change for bus routes
- Metro Transit will adjust its schedule for bus routes affected by the closure of Minnetonka Boulevard construction. View bus schedule on Metro Transit's website
Westside Drive remains open
As a result of concerns from the residents of St. Louis Park, we will postpone closing Westside Drive until further notice. The exit will be signed local businesses only, but there will not be barriers that prevent people from continuing south on the frontage road.
The closure was a decision the city of St. Louis Park and MnDOT made to deter motorists from using local streets to bypass slow moving traffic on Hwy 100 and to minimize congestion at the Hwy 7/Wooddale interchange.
We are committed to identifying ways to reduce the traffic in the neighborhoods being generated by the Hwy 100 project.
- Because we will be making the traffic switches overnight residents should expect to hear typical construction noises (trucks moving and hauling) overnight through fall 2016.