The dates for some traffic impacts are not known yet, but will be posted as soon as they are determined. Dates may change due to weather.
- Minnetonka Boulevard Bridge between Salem and W Lake Street is closed through October 2015.
Detour: Minnetonka Boulevard to Louisiana Avenue to Excelsior Boulevard to Hwy 100.
- Hwy 7 loop to southbound Hwy 100
The following ramps are closed through October 2015:
- Minnetonka Boulevard to southbound Hwy 100
- Minnetonka Boulevard to northbound Hwy 100
- Northbound Hwy 100 to Minnetonka Boulevard closed.
- 27th Street to southbound Hwy 100
- Southbound Hwy 100 ramp to Minnetonka Boulevard
Schedule change for bus routes
Metro Transit will adjust its schedule for bus routes affected by the closure of Minnetonka Boulevard construction. View bus schedule on Metro Transit's website
Westside Drive remains open
As a result of concerns from the residents of St. Louis Park, we will postpone closing Westside Drive until further notice. The exit will be signed local businesses only, but there will not be barriers that prevent people from continuing south on the frontage road.
The closure was a decision the city of St. Louis Park and MnDOT made to deter motorists from using local streets to bypass slow moving traffic on Hwy 100 and to minimize congestion at the Hwy 7/Wooddale interchange.
We are committed to identifying ways to reduce the traffic in the neighborhoods being generated by the Hwy 100 project.
Tuesday, April 28, overnight through fall 2016
- Hwy 7 to northbound Hwy 100 closes. Detour to northbound Hwy 100: Excelsior Boulevard.
Wednesday, April 29 through fall 2016
- There will be two lanes of traffic in each direction on one side of Hwy 100 through fall 2016.
- Because we will be making the traffic switches overnight residents should expect to hear typical construction noises (trucks moving and hauling) overnight.
- Northbound Hwy 100 to Barry Street/25 1/2th Street will close for about 30 days. Specific dates are yet to be determined.