Nearby residences and businesses may experience some noise during nighttime construction work. Construction crews will be removing pavement and repaving on both sides of the interstate to build bypass lanes to carry traffic during the upcoming third lane construction.
The dates for some traffic impacts are not known yet, but will be posted as soon as they are determined. Dates may change due to weather.
West 36th St to 25½ St
- Hwy 100 between 36th St. and north of Hwy 7 Bridge is two lanes of traffic in each direction, on the SB side of Hwy 100
- Hwy 7 between Wooddale Avenue and Beltline is closed until Nov. 2016
- View detour map (PDF)
- All ramps to and from both directions of Hwy 100 and Hwy 7 are closed
- Ramp from Minnetonka Blvd to SB Hwy 100 is closed until Nov. 2016
- Ramp from 36th Street ramp to NB Hwy 100 is closed until Nov. 2016
- Ramp from NB Hwy 100 to 36th St. is closed until Aug. 2016
West 36th St to Hwy 62
- Two lanes of traffic for both directions of Hwy 100 between Hwy 62 and W 36th St. All lanes will reopen late July
- 50th St. ramp to NB Hwy 100 will close. The ramp will reopen in mid-August.
- Detour: Motorists traveling WB on W 50th St. will be detoured to SB Hwy 100 to Hwy 62 loop to NB Hwy 100.
- 70th Street ramp to SB Hwy 100 is closed until late June 2016
May 3 through May 9
- SB Hwy 100 ramp to Benton Ave closed
Detour: SB Hwy 100 to EB Hwy 62 to Valley View Road/Normandale Rd to Benton Ave.
- Eden Ave. to Normandale Rd closed to through traffic
- No access to Benton Ave. from Normandale Rd
- No access to Normandale Rd from Benton Ave.