The dates for some traffic impacts are not known yet, but will be posted as soon as they are determined. Dates may change due to weather.
West 36th Street to 25½ Street
- Minnetonka Boulevard between Vernon Avenue and Hwy 100 will remain closed.
- Minnetonka Boulevard Bridge between Salem and West Lake Street is closed through October 2015.
Detour: Minnetonka Boulevard to Louisiana Avenue to Excelsior Boulevard to Hwy 100.
- Hwy 7 loop to southbound Hwy 100 is closed.
- Hwy 7 to northbound Hwy 100 closed through fall 2016. Detour to northbound Hwy 100: Excelsior Boulevard.
The following ramps are closed through October 2015:
- Minnetonka Boulevard to southbound Hwy 100
- Minnetonka Boulevard to northbound Hwy 100
- Northbound Hwy 100 to Minnetonka Boulevard closed.
- 27th Street to southbound Hwy 100
- Southbound Hwy 100 ramp to Minnetonka Boulevard
- There will be two lanes of traffic in each direction on one side of Hwy 100 through fall 2016.
- Metro Transit will adjust its schedule for bus routes affected by the closure of Minnetonka Boulevard construction. View bus schedule on Metro Transit's website
- Cedar Lake Regional Trail Bridge is being reconstructed. The trail will remain open during construction of the bridge.
Because we will be making the traffic switches overnight residents should expect to hear typical construction noises (trucks moving and hauling) overnight through fall 2016.
Between I-494 and Hwy 62
The southbound Hwy 100 ramp to 77th Street and 77th Street ramp to southbound Hwy 100 is closed through Aug. 1.
Detour: southbound Hwy 100, I-494 and northbound Hwy 100.
- Hwy 100 between south of West 70th Street and north of Hwy 62 is reduced to two lanes in each direction through late September.
- Hwy 62 under Hwy 100 will have short-term, off-peak lane closures for up to 60 days.
- Benton Avenue over Hwy 100 will close for two consecutive days.
Westbound detour: Normandale Road (east frontage road) turns into Wilson Road, westbound Eden Avenue, and southbound Normandale Road.
Eastbound detour: Normandale Road (west frontage road), eastbound Eden Avenue, southbound Wilson Road that turns into Normandale Road (east frontage road).
Beginning Monday, Aug. 3
- Eastbound W 66th Street over Hwy 100 will close at 3 a.m. Aug. 3. The lanes are expected to open by Aug. 12. When the eastbound side is complete,westbound traffic will shift to the eastbound side; crews will work on the westbound side of the bridge.
Eastbound detour: Normandale Road (west frontage road), eastbound 70th Street and northbound Normandale Road (east frontage road).
- West 70th Street to northbound Hwy 100 will close through Aug. 9.
- Northbound Hwy 100 to West 70th Street will close through Aug. 9.
Late August through late October
- Short-term, off-peak lane closures on Hwy 62 at Hwy 100
- Short-term lane/ramp closures on Hwy 100 at Hwy 62
September through October
- Three weekend closures of southbound Hwy 100 between I-494 and Hwy 62 are scheduled. Detour: eastbound I-494, northbound I-35W and westbound Hwy 62.
- Ramp closures during the southbound weekend closures:
- Southbound Hwy 100 to eastbound Hwy 62
- Westbound Hwy 62 to southbound Hwy 100
- Eastbound Hwy 62 to southbound Hwy 100
- 70th Street to southbound Hwy 100
- 77th Street to southbound Hwy 100
- Three weekend closures of northbound Hwy 100 between I-494 and Hwy 62. Detour: eastbound I-494, northbound I-35W and westbound Hwy 62.