Friday, Nov. 21, 10 p.m. through 5 a.m. Monday, Nov. 24
Both directions of Hwy 100 between I-394 and Hwy 62 will close so crews can rebuild the Canadian Pacific Railway bridge that spans the highway.
Late fall 2014
- Hwy 100 between West 36th Street and Hwy 7 will be closed for one more weekend as crews demolish the Canadian Pacific Rail Bridge. Dates about the weekend closures will be shared once plans are finalized.
- Hwy 100 will be two lanes of traffic on one side of the road as the Canadian Pacific Rail Bridge is reconstructed.
All current roads will remain open this year, but watch for slow moving construction vehicles entering and leaving the highway.
- All lanes will reopen during the winter months of 2014-2015.
All lanes on the highway will remain open. Crews will continue working on the noise wall and the retaining wall at the southeast corner of Minnetonka Boulevard and Hwy 100 (Toledo Avenue).
Traffic impacts beginning next year
April 2015 through July 2015
- Hwy 100 will be reduced to two lanes of traffic in each direction on the southbound side of the highway.
- Minnetonka Boulevard Bridge will be closed. View detour map
- Hwy 100 between I-394 and Hwy 7 will have weekend closures. Use I-394, Hwy 169 and Hwy 62 to bypass the closures.
- Minnetonka Boulevard between Salem Ave South and Utica Avenue will close
- 27th Street ramp to southbound Hwy 100 will close.
- Ramp from Hwy 7 to northbound Hwy 100 will close.
- Ramp from Minnetonka Boulevard to southbound Hwy 100 will close.
July 2015 through October 2015
- The new northbound Hwy 100 road will have two lanes of traffic in each direction.
- Minnetonka Boulevard between Vernon Avenue and Hwy 100 will remain closed.
- Frontage road between Minnetonka Boulevard and Groves Academy will close.
- Northbound Hwy 100 exit ramp to eastbound Minnetonka Boulevard will open (no access to westbound Minnetonka Boulevard)
- Toledo Ave, north and south of Minnetonka Boulevard, will open.
- Cedar Lake Regional Trail Bridge will be reconstructed. The trail will remain open during construction of the bridge.
- Southbound Hwy 100 exit and entrance ramps at Minnetonka Boulevard will close.
October 2015 through July 2016
- Motorists should expect several weekend closures of Hwy 100 between I-394 and West 36th Street.
- Hwy 100 will have two lanes of traffic in each direction on the southbound side of the highway.
- Canadian Pacific Railway Bridge and pedestrian path will open.
- Westbound County Road 25 between Beltline Drive Hwy 100 will close.
- Eastbound Hwy 7 will close at Wooddale Avenue.
- Entrance ramp on 36th Street to northbound Hwy 100 will close.
- Frontage between Minnetonka Boulevard and Groves Academy will open.
- Minnetonka Boulevard ramps except the ramp to southbound Hwy 100 will open.
- Raleigh Avenue ramp to westbound County Road 25 will close.
Traffic impacts beginning 2016
July 2016 through October 2016
- Spring 2016, the Hwy 7 Bridge will be removed. View detour map (PDF 108 KB, 1 page)
- Hwy 100 between 36th Street in St. Louis Park and I-494 in Bloomington will be resurfaced.
- Hwy 100 between 36th Street and north of Hwy 7 Bridg will have two lanes of traffic in each direction, traffic will be moved to the northbound side of Hwy 100.
- Northbound Hwy 100 ramp to eastbound Hwy 7 will open (no access to west Hwy 7/ County Road 25).
- Both directions of Hwy 7 between Wooddale Ave and Hwy 100 will remain closed.
- Southbound Hwy 100 ramp to Hwy 7 will remain closed.
- Loop from eastbound Hwy 7 to northbound Hwy 7 will remain closed.