The dates for some traffic impacts are not known yet, but will be posted as soon as they are determined. Dates may change due to weather.
Lane reductions and weekend closures on Hwy 100 will impact commute times
10 p.m. Fri, June 24 to 5 a.m. Mon, June 27
- Both directions of Highway 100 between I-394 and Highway 62 will close. Crews will begin closing the ramps at 9 p.m. Both directions of Highway 100 will reopen to two lanes by 5 a.m. Mon., June 27.
10 p.m. Wed, June 22 to 10 p.m. Fri, June 24
- SB Hwy 100 between W 44th St. and W 50th St. in Edina will be reduced to one lane. Be prepared for slow-moving traffic. The road will remain one lane until the full closure of Hwy 100 (see below). The highway will return to two lanes by 5 a.m. Mon, June 27.
West 36th St to 25½ St
- Hwy 100 between 36th St. and north of Hwy 7 Bridge is two lanes of traffic in each direction, on the SB side of Hwy 100
- Hwy 7 between Wooddale Ave. and the Beltline is closed until Nov. 2016
- View detour map (PDF)
- All ramps to and from both directions of Hwy 100 and Hwy 7 are closed
- Ramp from Minnetonka Blvd to SB Hwy 100 is closed until Nov. 2016
- Ramp from 36th Street ramp to NB Hwy 100 is closed until Nov. 2016
- Ramp from NB Hwy 100 to 36th St. is closed until Aug. 2016
West 36th St to Hwy 62
- Two lanes of traffic for both directions of Hwy 100 between Hwy 62 and W 36th St. All lanes will reopen late July
- 50th St. ramp to NB Hwy 100 will close. The ramp will reopen in mid-August.
- Detour: Motorists traveling WB on W 50th St. will be detoured to SB Hwy 100 to Hwy 62 loop to NB Hwy 100.
- 70th Street ramp to SB Hwy 100 is closed until late June 2016
Nearby residences and businesses may experience some noise during nighttime construction work. Construction crews will be removing pavement and repaving on both sides of the interstate to build bypass lanes to carry traffic during the upcoming third lane construction.