Summary of work
The I-694 North Central project encompassed construction work on multiple major roads in the Northeast Metro.
I-694/Hwy 10/Snelling and Hamline Avenue interchange
- Reconstruction completed November 2013.
- Reconstructed surrounding highways.
- Rebuilt bridges in the area.
- Separated I-694 and Hwy 10.
- Replaced right entrances and left exits to conform to current standards.
Highway 10 and Highway 96/ Hwy 10 Diagonal between I-35W and I-694
- A new interchange at Ramsey County Road 96 and Hwy 10 was built.
- Ramsey County Road 96 was lowered to allow Hwy 10 to travel over County Road 96.
- The Hwy 10 diagonal between I-694 and I-35W was resurfaced.
Hwy 10 and County Road 10 Bridges spanning I-35W
- Two new bridges at I-35W were constructed to carry Hwy 10 and County Road 10 traffic over
Lexington Avenue Bridge over I-694
- The Lexington Avenue Bridge over I-694 in Arden Hills was widened
- The bridge features new left-turn lanes; an improved bicycle/pedestrian lane; an improved signal system and rebuilt and widened ramps to and from the freeway.
Highway 10 bridges over I-694
The Hwy 10/County Rd 10 bridges over I-694 were removed and rebuilt. Drainage was also improved.
Metro Public Affairs