Note: During construction, most SB I-35W ramps close for several weeks at a time. No two consecutive ramps will be closed at the same time. I-35W ramps to/from I-694 and at the northern Hwy 10 interchange will remain open. All traffic impacts are tentative and weather dependent.
July 1 through November
- Rosegate beneath I-35W is closed
- Detour: Cleveland Ave., Co. Rd. B2 and Long Lake Rd. (PDF)
Spring/summer through November
- I-35W in both directions is reduced to three lanes between the northern Hwy 10 interchange and Mounds View Blvd.
- I-35W in both directions is reduced to two lanes between Co. Rd. C and Mounds View Blvd. (Co. Rd. 10)
- I-35W will have periodic lane closures in both directions between Hwy 36 in Roseville and Sunset Ave. in Lino Lakes. The closures may occur from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
8 p.m. Fri, Sept. 13 through 5 a.m. Mon, Sept. 16
- The following ramps are closed:
- SB I-35W to WB I-694
- EB I-694 to SB I-35W
- Detours: Use the I-694 interchange loops (PDF)
Wed, Sept. 11 through mid-October
- The SB I-35W ramps to/from Co. Rd. E2 are closed
Sept. 3 through early October
- The SB I-35W ramps to/from Co. Rd. 96 are closed
- SB I-35W to Co. Rd. 96 detour: Exit to EB Hwy 10, EB Hwy 10 to Co. Rd. 96 (PDF)
- Co. Rd. 96 to SB I-35W detour: Co. Rd. 96 to SB Lexington Ave. to WB I-694 to SB I-35W (PDF)
Aug. 20 through Thu, Sept. 19
- The ramp from Co. Rd. I to SB I-35W is closed
June through November
- The ramp from Co. Rd. C to SB I-35W is closed
- The ramp from SB I-35W to Co. Rd. I is closed
Local road restrictions
April through November 2021
- The left-turn lane from SB Snelling Ave. (Hwy 51) to Hamline Ave. in Arden Hills is closed
Aug 19 through late September
- The Rice Creek Water Trail is closed under I-35W. Trail users should exit the waterway at Co. Rd. I.
Information about upcoming traffic impacts will be posted as details become available.