Project work is dependent on the weather and will be rescheduled in the case of inclement weather.
9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 29
- Larpenteur Avenue at the east and west I-35E frontage roades closed.
- Ramp from Larpenteur Avenue to northbound I-35E closed.
- Ramp from southbound I-35E to Larpenteur Avenue closed.
9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 30
- Wheelock Parkway at the east and west I-35E frontage roads closed.
- Ramp from Wheelock Parkway to southbound I-35E closed.
- Ramp from northbound I-35E to Wheelock Parkway closed.
9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday, Oct. 31
Arlington Avenue at L'Orient Street and Mississippi Street closed.
Lane and ramp closures
- I-36E between Little Canada Road and Maryland Avenue now has three lanes of traffic.
- The ramp from University Avenue to westbound I-94 is closed as a temporary exit ramp from southbound I-35E to 12th Street through summer 2015.
Detour: Use southbound Jackson Street and westbound 12th Street to acess westbound I-94. View detour map (PDF 251 KB, 1 page)
- The ramp from northbound I-35E to Cayuga Street is closed through mid-November.
Detour: Use northbound I-35E, eastbound Maryland Avenue, southbound Payne Avenue and westbound Phalen Boulevard to access Cayuga Street. View detour map (PDF 81 KB, 1 page)
- Cayuga Street between Westminster Street and Terrace Court is open (the opening of this segment of Cayuga Street provides a connection between Phalen Boulevard and northbound I-35E)
- The temporary ramp from northbound I-35E to Cayuga Street can now be used by the general public (was once just for Metro Transit)
- Cayuga Street is reduced to a single lane in each direction between I-35E and Westminster Street for remaining sidewalk and bridge work.
Phalen Boulevard and Pennsylvania Avenue
- Both directions of Phalen Boulevard/Pennsylvania Avenue between approximately L’Orient Street and just east of Mississippi Street are reduced to a single lane to facilitate work on the new northbound I-35E bridge spanning Phalen Boulevard/Pennsylvania Avenue. Lane shifts and restrictions in this location will remain in place throughout late 2015.
- Northbound ramps to/from Phalen Boulevard are permanently closed
Northbound L'Orient Street will be closed for several months between University Avenue and Pennsylvania Avenue for retaining wall construction.
Westbound University Avenue traffic: Use northbound Jackson Street and eastbound Pennsylvania Avenue.
Eastbound University Avenue traffic: Use northbound Olive Street and westbound Phalen Boulevard.
View detour map (PDF 257 KB, 1 page)