Lane and ramp closures
Southbound I-35E and Little Canada Road
- The ramp from Little Canada Road to southbound I-35E and the right lane of southbound I-35E between eastbound I-694 and Hwy 36 is closed until September.
Ramp detour: westbound Little Canada Road, westbound County Road C, northbound Rice Street, eastbound I-694 and southbound I-35E. Detour map (PDF, 69 KB, 1 page)
Canabury Drive/ Viking Drive East
- Canabury Drive is fully closed just north of County Road B2 East, and northbound Viking Drive East is closed between Nature Way and County Road B2. These roads will remain closed for two months.
Motorists will still be able to take eastbound County Road B2 and turn right to travel southbound on Viking Drive East. All driveways and parking lots will remain accessible from at least one direction.
View map of the closure area (PDF, 78 KB, 1 page)
- The ramp from southbound I-35E to University Avenue is closed until summer 2015 for area reconstruction. A temporary ramp from southbound I-35E to 12th Street is open for access to the Regions Hospital Area. The ramp from southbound I-35E to Pennsylvania Avenue remains open.
- The ramp from University Avenue to westbound I-94 is closed. Use southbound Jackson Street and westbound 12th Street to access westbound I-94. View detour map (PDF 251 KB, 1 page)
Phalen Boulevard and Pennsylvania Ave
- Both directions of Phalen Boulevard/Pennsylvania Avenue between approximately L’Orient Street and just east of Mississippi Street are reduced to a single lane to facilitate work on the new northbound I-35E bridge spanning Phalen Boulevard/Pennsylvania Avenue. Lane shifts and restrictions in this location will remain in place throughout late 2015.
- Northbound ramps to/from Phalen Boulevard are permanently closed.
- Northbound L'Orient Street closed between Arch Street and Pennsylvania Avenue
- L’Orient Street closed between University Avenue and Arch Street for reconstruction until late summer 2015.
Detour for westbound University Avenue traffic: Use northbound Jackson Street and eastbound Pennsylvania Avenue.
Eastbound University Avenue traffic: Use northbound Olive Street and westbound Phalen Boulevard.
See detour map (PDF, 1 page, 161 KB)
- Northbound L’Orient Street closed between Arlington Avenue and Wheelock Parkway for noise wall and ramp construction until mid-summer 2015.
Detour: Use westbound Arlington Avenue, northbound Jackson Street and eastbound Wheelock Parkway to access southbound L’Orient Street. See detour map (PDF, 1 page, 119 KB)
2015 Nighttime construction
Noisy work at night in 2015 will be limited as much as possible, but may need to occur periodically during construction this year, particularly on I-35E between Maryland Avenue and Little Canada Road. Some noisy night activities scheduled for this construction season include:
- Demolition of the southbound I-35E bridges over Hwy 36, County Road B and Roselawn Avenue. Currently scheduled to occur in early May, this work will require road closures beneath the bridges. The contractor will be working around the clock to finish the work and reopen the roads quickly.
- Saw cutting concrete. With concrete road construction, stress joints must be cut into the concrete while it is hardening and that window of opportunity closes approximately 12 hours after the concrete is poured during the day. This work will likely happen in mid-to-late summer.