Dates are dependent on weather and project readiness.
Closed until mid-December
Cayuga Street is closed between Agate Street and I-35E for reconstruction. Motorists will be detoured around the closure using Phalen Boulevard/Pennsylvania Ave and Jackson Street.
The ramp from northbound I-35E to Cayuga Street will remain open, and motorists will be able to exit left onto eastbound Cayuga Street.
Intermittent overnight lane closures
- Intermittent overnight lane closures will occur as needed on westbound I-94, I-35E and Hwy 36 for miscellaneous project activities.
- Lane closures on westbound I-94 at I-35E and on I-35E between I-94 and Maryland Avenue will occur between 7 p.m. and 5 a.m. (if two lanes need to be closed, those restrictions will begin after 10 p.m.).
Closed until early December
- Cayuga Street ramp to northbound I-35E closed.
Detour: westbound Cayuga Street to northbound Jackson Street to westbound Maryland Avenue to northbound I-35E. View detour (PDF)
- The Maryland Avenue ramp to southbound I-35E closed.
Detour: use northbound Rice Street or Edgerton Street to Larpenteur Avenue to southbound I-35E.
View detour map (PDF)
Closed until late 2015
- Southbound I-35E to University Avenue is closed for area reconstruction. A temporary ramp from southbound I-35E to 12th Street is open for access to the Regions Hospital Area.
- University Avenue to westbound I-94
- All I-35E ramps at Phalen Boulevard/Pennsylvania Avenue are permanently closed. A new, full interchange at Cayuga Street will be open by summer 2016.
- L’Orient Street closed between University Avenue and Arch Street until late 2015.
Detour for westbound University Avenue traffic: Use northbound Jackson Street and eastbound Pennsylvania Avenue to L’Orient Street.
Eastbound University Avenue traffic: Use northbound Olive Street and westbound Phalen Boulevard to L’Orient Street.
- Both directions of Phalen Boulevard/Pennsylvania Avenue are reduced to a single lane at I-35E until summer 2016for bridge and street reconstruction.