I-35E/Cayuga project staging
There will be six main stages. Stage 1 and 2 will occur in 2013.
Stage 1 - includes utility work and temporary paving. (Some of the stage 1-2 will work will occur concurrently). Access will be maintained to residences and businesses throughout Stage 1.
- Install water main to the Metro Transit Building. (Work will start in early April, expected completion is June 1, 2013)
- Install water main at Phalen and Mississippi Street
- Install water main on Mississippi Street north of Case Avenue
- Install water main on Terrace Court
- Sanitary sewer work on Mississippi Street north of Case Avenue, across Case Avenue and York Avenue and in the new Cayuga Street area east of Mississippi Street (Work will start in early-April 2013)
- Mississippi Street will be closed to through traffic between Westminster Street and Jessamine Avenue
- York Avenue will be closed for utility work and will not be reopened, and work will occur at Terrace Court
- The intersection of Cayuga Street and Westminster Street will be closed approximately in mid-May (not before May 18)
- Mississippi Street will be closed north of Cayuga Street
Stage 2- Construction of Northbound I- 35E north of Cayuga Street, Cayuga Northbound ramps, Cayuga Street east of Mississippi Street, and Maryland south ramps.
- The ramp to southbound I-35E from Maryland remain open in 2014 or 2015
Stage 3 - Northbound I-35E will be constructed
Stage 4- Traffic will be split and work will occur in the middle of I-35E
Stage 5- Southbound I-35E will be constructed
Stage 6 - Consist of completion of paving and median barrier in the middle of I-35E