Project work is dependent on the weather and will be rescheduled in the case of inclement weather.
April 16 to mid-June
The following closures and detours will take place for bridge and retaining wall construction:
- The intersection of Cayuga Street/Westmsinter Street
Detour: Use Arkwright Street and East (Old) Cayuga Street (access to businesses will be maintained)
- Mississippi Street between Phalen Boulevard and University Avenue.
Detour: Use University Avenue and Olive Street
Current area access
- The bridge connecting Cayuga Street and Westminster Street (including access from Westminster Street to the new ramp to northbound I-35E) is under construction, and anticipated to open in June 2014. View the current Cayuga project access map (PDF, 570 KB, 1 page)
- Pennsylvania Avenue/Phalen Boulevard lane restrictions
Both directions of Phalen Boulevard/Pennsylvania Avenue are reduced to a single lane under I-35E (between approximately L’Orient Street and just east of Mississippi Street) to facilitate work on the new northbound I-35E bridge spanning Phalen Boulevard/Pennsylvania Avenue. Lane shifts and restrictions in this location will remain in place throughout the duration of the project.
- Northbound ramps to/from Phalen Boulevard permanently closed
The ramp from northbound I-35E to Phalen Blvd/Pennsylvania Avenue and the ramp from Phalen Blvd/Pennsylvania Avenue to northbound I-35E are closed permanently. The ramp from southbound I-35E to Pennsylvania Avenue/Phalen Boulevard is currently open.
View access options from northbound I-35E to Phalen Blvd. (PDF, 580 KB, 1 page)
View access option to northbound I-35E (PDF, 571 KB, 1 page)
Current area access
The Arlington Avenue and Wheelock Parkway bridges spanning I-35E are closed and will be replaced as part of the MnPASS project. The bridges will remain closed through early May.
- Map of Wheelock Parkway during bridge construction (PDF, 749 KB, 1 page)
- Map of Arlington Avenue detour during bridge construction (PDF, 826 KB, 1 page)
The intersection of Arlington Avenue/Mississippi Street and the east half of the intersection of Arlington Avenue/L’Orient Street closed for reconstruction
- Mississippi Street detour: Use Westminster Street and westbound Hoyt Avenue E
- L’Orient Street detour: Use northbound Jackson Street and eastbound Wheelock Parkway
- Access from southbound L’Orient Street to westbound Arlington Avenue will remain open.
View map of the intersection detours (PDF, 1.15 MB, 1 page)
- View 2014- 2015 traffic impacts