Project work is dependent on the weather and will be rescheduled in the case of inclement weather.
Sept. 2, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Roselawn Avenue will be closed at I-3E (exact times may vary) to allow crews to place beams for the new northbound I-35E bridge spanning the roadway.
Detour: Edgerton Street, Hwy 36 and Rice Street.
View detour map (PDF, 126 KB, 1 page)
Lane and ramp closures
Aug, 29, 10 p.m. through 6 a.m. Aug. 30
The left lane of northbound I-35E between I-94 and Maryland Avenue will be closed.
The ramp from eastbound I-694 to southbound I-35E is anticipated to be closed until Sept. 18. This closure is for a project to repair an eroded ditch and is separate from the MnPASS project. Read more about this construction work
The ramp from westbound I-94 to northbound I-35E (including access to that ramp from Broadway Street) is closed until late Friday, Aug. 29 for construction of the new northbound I-35E lanes at I-94. Recommended alternate routes include:
- Westbound I-94 (west of I-694): Northbound Hwy 280 to northbound I-35W to eastbound I-694 to northbound I-35E
- Westbound I-94 (east of I-694): Northbound I-694 to northbound I-35E
- Northbound Hwy 52: Use eastbound I-494 or I-94 to northbound I-694 to northbound I-35E
- Northbound Hwy 61: Use eastbound I-94 to northbound I-694 to northbound I-35E
View map of all project ramp closures (PDF, 234 KB, 1 page)
Northbound and southbound I-35E is two lanes in each direction between Little Canada Road and Maryland Avenue.
Ramps closed until late October 2014 include:
- Little Canada Road to southbound I-35E
- Southbound I-35E to eastbound Highway 36
- Westbound and eastbound Highway 36 to southbound I-35E
- Roselawn Avenue to southbound I-35E
- Maryland Avenue to northbound I-35E
- Northbound I-35E to Roselawn Avenue
- Roselawn Avenue to northbound I-35E
- Northbound I-35E to westbound Highway 36
- Northbound I-35E to eastbound Highway 36
- Westbound and eastbound Highway 36 to northbound I-35E
- Northbound I-35E to Little Canada Road
Individual detour maps can be viewed by clicking the closure on the 2014 Long-Term Restrictions map.
- Cayuga Street between Westminster Street and Terrace Court is open (the opening of this segment of Cayuga Street provides a connection between Phalen Boulevard and northbound I-35E)
- The temporary ramp from northbound I-35E to Cayuga Street can now be used by the general public (was once just for Metro Transit)
- Cayuga Street is reduced to a single lane in each direction between I-35E and Westminster Street for remaining sidewalk and bridge work.
Phalen Boulevard and Pennsylvania Avenue
- Phalen Boulevard/Pennsylvania Avenue is closed at I-35E through early September. A posted detour will direct motorists to use Jackson Street, University Avenue and Olive Street to get around the closure.
The closure will allow crews to lower a portion of Phalen Boulevard/Pennsylvania Avenue, in order to avoid height restrictions during construction of the new I-35E bridges spanning the roadway.
View detour map (PDF, 165 KB, 1 page)
- Both directions of Phalen Boulevard/Pennsylvania Avenue between approximately L’Orient Street and just east of Mississippi Street are reduced to a single lane to facilitate work on the new northbound I-35E bridge spanning Phalen Boulevard/Pennsylvania Avenue. Lane shifts and restrictions in this location will remain in place throughout late 2015.
- Northbound ramps to/from Phalen Boulevard are permanently closed