Several ramps along I-35E between Maryland Avenue and University Avenue are closed (see list of closed ramps below). All I-35E ramps between Wheelock Parkway and Little Canada Road, including at the Hwy 36 interchange, are open.
Lane and ramp closures
Southbound I-35E and Little Canada Road
- March 26: The right lane of northbound I-35E will be closed between I-94 and Cayuga Street from 9 p.m. until 11 a.m. to allow crews to shift construction barrels.
- The ramp from Little Canada Road to southbound I-35E and the right lane of southbound I-35E between eastbound I-694 and Hwy 36 is closed until September.
Ramp detour: westbound Little Canada Road, westbound County Road C, northbound Rice Street, eastbound I-694 and southbound I-35E. Detour map (PDF, 69 KB, 1 page)
Canabury Drive/ Viking Drive East
- Canabury Drive is fully closed just north of County Road B2 East, and northbound Viking Drive East is closed between Nature Way and County Road B2. These roads will remain closed for two months.
Motorists will still be able to take eastbound County Road B2 and turn right to travel southbound on Viking Drive East. All driveways and parking lots will remain accessible from at least one direction.
View map of the closure area (PDF, 78 KB, 1 page)
- The ramp from southbound I-35E to University Avenue is closed until summer 2015 for area reconstruction. A temporary ramp from southbound I-35E to 12th Street is open for access to the Regions Hospital Area. The ramp from southbound I-35E to Pennsylvania Avenue remains open.
- The ramp from University Avenue to westbound I-94 is closed. Use southbound Jackson Street and westbound 12th Street to access westbound I-94. View detour map (PDF 251 KB, 1 page)
Phalen Boulevard and Pennsylvania Ave
- Both directions of Phalen Boulevard/Pennsylvania Avenue between approximately L’Orient Street and just east of Mississippi Street are reduced to a single lane to facilitate work on the new northbound I-35E bridge spanning Phalen Boulevard/Pennsylvania Avenue. Lane shifts and restrictions in this location will remain in place throughout late 2015.
- Northbound ramps to/from Phalen Boulevard are permanently closed.
- Northbound L'Orient Street will be closed for several months between University Avenue and Pennsylvania Avenue for retaining wall construction. Westbound University Avenue traffic: Use northbound Jackson Street and eastbound Pennsylvania Avenue. Eastbound University Avenue traffic: Use northbound Olive Street and westbound Phalen Boulevard. View detour map (PDF 257 KB, 1 page)