Dates are dependent on weather and project readiness.
Mid-May through early-June
The following ramps are closed and detoured for work on University Ave. near I-35E:
- SB I-35E to University Ave.
Detour: Continue on SB I-35E and exit on the temporary ramp to 12th St. Take WB 12th St. to NB Jackson St. to University Ave.
- University Ave. to SB I-35E/WB I-94
Detour: WB 12th St. to the SB I-35E/WB I-94 entrance ramps just west of Wabasha St.
- L’Orient St. will be closed between Genessee St. and Acker St. for several months, to allow space for crews to install a new noise wall next to the road. Resident driveway access will be maintained by using the alley from Buffalo St.
Intermittent Lane Closures
- Intermittent overnight lane closures will occur as needed on WB I-94, I-35E and Hwy 36 for miscellaneous project activities.
- Lane closures on WB I-94 at I-35E and on I-35E between I-94 and Maryland Ave. will occur between 7 p.m. and 5 a.m. (if two lanes need to be closed, those restrictions will begin after 10 p.m.).
- All I-35E ramps at Phalen Blvd/Pennsylvania Ave. are permanently closed. A new, full interchange at Cayuga St. will be open by summer 2016.
- Both directions of Phalen Blvd/Pennsylvania Ave. are reduced to a single lane at I-35E until summer 2016 for bridge and street reconstruction.