I-35E from downtown St. Paul to Little Canada is open, but there are many closures in the area. View detour maps
Closed until mid August:
- The ramp from northbound I-35E to Roselawn Avenue is closed. Detour to/from I-35E: Southbound via McMenemy Street or Rice Street to the Larpenteur Avenue/Wheelock Parkway interchange.
- The ramp from southbound I-35E to southbound Hwy 52/Lafayette Bridge is closed and detoured through Monday, Aug. 17. The closure is part of the Lafayette Bridge project.
Closed until late August:
- Southbound I-35E to eastbound Hwy 36
- Eastbound Hwy 36 to southbound and northbound I-35E
- Westbound Hwy 36 to southbound and northbound I-35E
- Northbound I-35E to westbound Hwy 36
- Southbound I-35E to Roselawn Avenue is closed through late August. Exit at Larpenteur Avenue instead.
- Roselawn Avenue ramps to northbound and southbound I-35E
- Maryland Avenue to northbound I-35E
- Southbound I-35E to Maryland Avenue
- Little Canada Road to southbound I-35E
Closed until late 2015
- Southbound I-35E to University Avenue is closed for area reconstruction. A temporary ramp from southbound I-35E to 12th Street is open for access to the Regions Hospital Area.
- University Avenue to westbound I-94
- Northbound ramps to/from Phalen Boulevard
- The ramp from southbound I-35E to Pennsylvania Avenue is closed permanently. Alternate exit ramp options include exiting to Larpenteur Avenue (north of Pennsylvania Avenue) or 12th Street (south of Pennsylvania Avenue). New southbound I-35E exit and entrance ramps will open at Cayuga Street in spring 2016.
Please follow the posted detours for ramp closures; detour maps are posted below.
- Roselawn Avenue under I-35E is closed. Detour to Edgerton Street, County Road B and Rice Street.
- L’Orient Street closed between University Avenue and Pennsylvania Avenue for reconstruction until late July 2015 (the road will remain closed between University Avenue and Arch Street until later this fall).
Detour for westbound University Avenue traffic: Use northbound Jackson Street and eastbound Pennsylvania Avenue.
Eastbound University Avenue traffic: Use northbound Olive Street and westbound Phalen Boulevard.
- Northbound L’Orient Street closed between Arlington Avenue and Wheelock Parkway for noise wall and ramp construction until mid-summer 2015.
Detour: Use westbound Arlington Avenue, northbound Jackson Street and eastbound Wheelock Parkway to access southbound L’Orient Street.
- Southbound I-35E is reduced to two lanes (northbound remains three lanes) until late August/early September.
- Both directions of Phalen Boulevard/Pennsylvania Avenue between approximately L’Orient Street and just east of Mississippi Street are reduced to a single lane to facilitate work on the new northbound I-35E bridge spanning Phalen Boulevard/Pennsylvania Avenue. Lane shifts and restrictions in this location will remain in place throughout late 2015.