Project work is dependent on the weather and will be rescheduled in the case of inclement weather.
- The ramp from northbound I-35E to Phalen Blvd/Pennsylvania Avenue and the ramp from Phalen Blvd/Pennsylvania Avenue to northbound I-35E are closed
- The bridge connecting Cayuga Street and Westminster Street (including access from Westminster Street to the new ramp to northbound I-35E) is closed, and anticipated to open in June 2014
- Mississippi Street N./Case Avenue is permanently closed between Westminster Street and just south of Cayuga Street
- Friday, March 7, 10 p.m. - 5 a.m., Monday, March 10
Both directions of I-35E between I-94 and Hwy 36 are scheduled to close (area ramps will begin closing at 9 p.m. Friday). Motorists will be detoured to I-94 and I-694 to bypass the closure.
The closure is needed for removal of the Arlington Avenue and Wheelock Parkway bridges spanning I-35E, which will be replaced as part of the MnPASS project. The bridges will close at approximately 5 p.m., March 7, and remain closed through early May.
- Map of I-35E weekend closure (PDF, 7 MB)
- Map of Wheelock Parkway during bridge construction (PDF, 749 KB)
- Map of Arlington Avenue detour during bridge construction (PDF, 826 KB)
- Overnight Lane Closures Begin March 10: Overnight lane closures will occur on both directions of I-35E between Maryland Avenue and Hwy 36 from 7 p.m. until 5 a.m. Mondays through Fridays, starting March 10. The lane closures are needed for work on the center piers for the new Wheelock Parkway and Arlington Avenue bridges spanning I-35E. Crews will try to limit noise but some overnight noise may occur during the work.