Several ramps along I-35E between Maryland Avenue and University Avenue are closed (see list of closed ramps below). All I-35E ramps between Wheelock Parkway and Little Canada Road, including at the Hwy 36 interchange, are open.
Lane and ramp closures
- Southbound I-35E will be reduced to a single lane between Maryland Avenue and I-94 from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Motorists should expect significant delays and should leave early or use alternative routes, if possible.
- The ramp from southbound I-35E to University Avenue will close until summer 2015 for area reconstruction.
Use westbound Pennsylania Avenue and southbound Jackson Street to access University Avenue.
See detour map (PDF 242 KB, 1 page)
- Ramp from southbound I-35E to Maryland Avenue is scheduled to reopen November 26
View detour map (PDF 116 KB, 1 page)
- Ramp from University Avenue to westbound I-94 is closed until summer 2015 for area reconstruction.
Detour: use westbound Larpenteur Avenue and southbound Rice Street to access Maryland Avenue. View detour map (PDF 268 KB, 1 page)
- The ramp from University Avenue to westbound I-94 is closed as a temporary exit ramp from southbound I-35E to 12th Street through summer 2015.
Detour: Use southbound Jackson Street and westbound 12th Street to access westbound I-94. View detour map (PDF 251 KB, 1 page)
Phalen Boulevard and Pennsylvania Avenue
- Both directions of Phalen Boulevard/Pennsylvania Avenue between approximately L’Orient Street and just east of Mississippi Street are reduced to a single lane to facilitate work on the new northbound I-35E bridge spanning Phalen Boulevard/Pennsylvania Avenue. Lane shifts and restrictions in this location will remain in place throughout late 2015.
- Northbound ramps to/from Phalen Boulevard are permanently closed
Northbound L'Orient Street will be closed for several months between University Avenue and Pennsylvania Avenue for retaining wall construction.
Westbound University Avenue traffic: Use northbound Jackson Street and eastbound Pennsylvania Avenue.
Eastbound University Avenue traffic: Use northbound Olive Street and westbound Phalen Boulevard.
View detour map (PDF 257 KB, 1 page)