Project work is dependent on the weather and will be rescheduled in the case of inclement weather.
The following closures and detours will take place for bridge and retaining wall construction through mid-June:
Current area access
- The intersection of Cayuga Street/Westmsinter Street is closed through mid-June.
Detour: Use Arkwright Street and East (Old) Cayuga Street (access to businesses will be maintained)
- Mississippi Street between Phalen Boulevard and University Avenue is closed through mid-June.
Detour: Use University Avenue and Olive Street
- The bridge connecting Cayuga Street and Westminster Street (including access from Westminster Street to the new ramp to northbound I-35E) is under construction, and anticipated to open in June 2014.
- View the current Cayuga project access map (PDF, 570 KB, 1 page)
- Pennsylvania Avenue/Phalen Boulevard lane restrictions
Both directions of Phalen Boulevard/Pennsylvania Avenue are reduced to a single lane under I-35E (between approximately L’Orient Street and just east of Mississippi Street) to facilitate work on the new northbound I-35E bridge spanning Phalen Boulevard/Pennsylvania Avenue. Lane shifts and restrictions in this location will remain in place throughout the duration of the project.
- Northbound ramps to/from Phalen Boulevard permanently closed
The ramp from northbound I-35E to Phalen Blvd/Pennsylvania Avenue and the ramp from Phalen Blvd/Pennsylvania Avenue to northbound I-35E are closed permanently. The ramp from southbound I-35E to Pennsylvania Avenue/Phalen Boulevard is currently open.
- View access options from northbound I-35E to Phalen Blvd. (PDF, 580 KB, 1 page)
- View access option to northbound I-35E (PDF, 571 KB, 1 page)
Current area access
- Wheelock Parkway west intersection
Intersection reconstruction began at Wheelock Parkway and the I-35E west frontage road. Southbound-only traffic will be maintained on the frontage road/L’Orient Street during this work. Motorists will not be able to travel northbound on the west frontage road to access Wheelock Parkway. The southbound-only restrictions are anticipated to remain in place until May 11.
L’Orient Street detour: Use northbound Jackson Street and eastbound Wheelock Parkway.
- The Arlington Avenue and Wheelock Parkway bridges spanning I-35E are closed and will be replaced as part of the MnPASS project. The bridges will remain closed through early May.
- Map of Wheelock Parkway during bridge construction (PDF, 749 KB, 1 page)
- Map of Arlington Avenue detour during bridge construction (PDF, 826 KB, 1 page)
- The intersection of Arlington Avenue/Mississippi Street and the east half of the intersection of Arlington Avenue/L’Orient Street closed for reconstruction
- Mississippi Street detour: Use Westminster Street and westbound Hoyt Avenue E
- L’Orient Street detour: Use northbound Jackson Street and eastbound Wheelock Parkway
- Access from southbound L’Orient Street to westbound Arlington Avenue will remain open.
- View map of the intersection detours (PDF, 1.15 MB, 1 page)