Hwy 169 spanning the Minnesota River
“Bloomington Ferry Bridge” in Shakopee, Bloomington, Scott and Hennepin County
Background and Purpose
The purpose of this project is to maintain and preserve the bridge by replacing the strip seal joints on the bridge, strengthen shoulders and making traffic flow improvements on the Hwy 13/101 ramp to northbound 169.
- Shoulder improvements both directions between the Bloomington Ferry Bridge and Pioneer Trail
- Repair drainage where needed
- Improve Hwy 13/101 traffic flow on the ramp to northbound 169 (see zipper merge)
- Project information including closures, detours and construction information will be available through the project’s website: http://www.dot.state.mn.us/metro/projects/169bloomington/index.html
Real-time traveler information will be available at www.511mn.org
- A business liaison will work with local businesses to address specific concerns with construction. Email or call Diane Langenbach 651-234-7721, Kirsten Klein 651-234-7506 or Bobbie Dahlke 651-234-7503.
A significant portion of the work will affect traffic and is likely to result in congestion. Expect temporary lane or ramp closures and possible detours as work is completed within segments of roadway. All businesses and residences will remain accessible throughout the project.
- Both directions will be reduced to a single lane for up to four weeks in Summer 2013.
How do I reach local businesses?
State statute requires that all businesses must remain accessible during state road construction. Even if you cannot reach a local business through “the usual route,” a secondary route will be available. Contact the local business for directions, or see the project’s web site for a limited number of detour maps.
- A business meeting is planned for March 2013. Please check back for more details.