Environmental Assessment released for I-35W Minnesota River Bridge Project
Public meeting set for January 11, 2018
ROSEVILLE, Minn. — An Environmental Assessment for proposed improvements to the Interstate 35W corridor from West 106th Street in Bloomington to Cliff Road in Burnsville, including replacement of the I-35W Bridge over the Minnesota River, is available for public review and comment beginning December 18, 2017. The Environmental Assessment outlines the purpose of the project and the anticipated social, economic and environmental impacts of the proposed action. Features of the project include:
- Constructing a new bridge over the Minnesota River, parallel to the existing I-35W Minnesota River Bridge.
- Replacing the I-35W bridges over West 106th Street.
- Reconstructing I-35W from West 106th Street to Cliff Road.
- Extending the truck climbing lane on northbound I-35W from West 106th Street to Cliff Road.
- Constructing pedestrian and bicycle trails along the east side of I-35W.
The Minnesota Department of Transportation invites the public to attend a public hearing regarding the proposed improvements to Interstate 35W corridor. The public hearing will be held at the following location and time:
Thursday, January 11, 2018
4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Oak Grove Middle School, Lunch room (Door 5)
1300 West 106th Street, Bloomington
The public hearing will be held in a non-formal, open house format. There will not be a formal presentation. The meeting will provide an opportunity for people to learn about the proposed project, make comments and ask questions. MnDOT staff and engineers will be available to answer questions. A court reporter will be available to take verbal comments, and comment cards will be available for people who wish to provide written comments for the public record.
The Environmental Assessment includes the Minnesota Environmental Assessment Worksheet (EAW) form. MnDOT is the project proposer and the Responsible Governmental Unit (RGU).
The Environmental Assessment document is available on the project website at mndot.gov/metro/projects/i35wbloomington/. The document also is available for public review and copying during business hours at the following locations:
- MnDOT Metro District Office, 1500 West County Road B2, Roseville
- Bloomington City Hall, 1800 West Old Shakopee Road, Bloomington
- Burnsville City Hall, 100 Civic Center Parkway, Burnsville
- Penn Lake Library, 8800 Penn Avenue South, Bloomington
- Burnhaven Library, 1101 West County Road 42, Burnsville
- Hennepin County Library – Minneapolis Central, Environmental Conservation Library, Government Documents, 2nd Floor, 300 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis
- MnDOT Library, 395 John Ireland Boulevard, St. Paul
Comments can be mailed, prior to the close of the public comment period on Thursday, January 25, 2018, to Rick Dalton, Environmental Coordinator, at the Minnesota Department of Transportation, 1500 West County Road B2, Roseville, MN 55113 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Environmental Assessment is available in alternative formats by calling 651-366-4718 or emailing ADArequest.email@example.com. To request an ASL or foreign language interpreter at the public meeting, call 651-366-4720. To request other reasonable accommodations, call 651-366-4718; the Minnesota Relay Service toll-free at 1-800-627-3529 (TTY, Voice or ASCII) or 711, or email your request to ADArequest.firstname.lastname@example.org.