Start of Hwy 169 project at Nine Mile Creek Bridge delayed again
ROSEVILLE, Minn. – The Highway 169 Nine Mile Creek Bridge closure is delayed while MnDOT and the contractor wait for a utility to remove its property from the construction area.
The new start date will be announced once it is determined.
When the project begins, Highway 169 will close between Bren Road and Seventh Street (Fifth Street–Lincoln Drive exit) until October. The following ramps going toward the bridge will be closed:
- The northbound entrance from Bren Road
- The southbound exit to Bren Road
- The northbound exit to Fifth Street–Lincoln Drive
- The southbound entrance to Highway 169 from Fifth Street–Lincoln Drive
Southbound Highway 169 from Excelsior Boulevard to Seventh Street and northbound Highway 169 from Highway 62 to Bren Road will be reduced to one lane to limit non-local traffic traveling toward the bridge. The westbound I-394 ramp to southbound Highway 169 will be closed during the project to reduce the amount of non-local traffic in the area.
Motorists are advised to follow the detour:
- Northbound detour: Eastbound Highway 62, Northbound Hwy 100, Westbound I-394 to Highway 169
- Southbound detour: Westbound I-394, Southbound I-494 to Highway 169
The bridge closure and lane reductions are necessary as crews begin to remove and replace the Nine Mile Creek Bridge. The work is expected to last into October 2017, weather permitting.
For more information, or to sign up for e-mail project updates, visit the project website at www.dot.state.mn.us/metro/projects/hwy169hopkins
For real-time travel information anywhere in Minnesota, visit www.511mn.org or dial 5-1-1.