East Fish Lake Road Bridge over I-494 in Maple Grove Closes Oct. 4
ROSEVILLE, Minn. — Motorists should expect delays and a detour as the East Fish Lake Road bridge, over I-494 in Maple Grove, closes after midnight Thursday, Oct. 4.
Starting after midnight Thursday, Oct. 4, the road will close between Hemlock and Wedgewood lanes as crews work on the bridge deck over I-494.
Motorists should the signs detoured to pass the closure using Hemlock Lane, Bass Lake Road and Wedgewood Lane.
All lanes are expected to reopen by 5 a.m. Oct. 9, weather permitting.
The work is part of a three-year construction project on Interstate 494 that includes:
- Repair and reconstruct the concrete pavement on I-494 between I-394 and the I-94/I-494/I-694 interchange (Fish Lake Interchange)
- Maintenance repairs on I-494 ramps
- Replace I-494 bridges
- Reconstruct East Fish Lake Road bridge deck over I-494
- Install a third lane between Hwy 55 and East Fish Lake Rd
- Construct storm water ponds and noise barriers
Work is scheduled for completion in November 2016, weather permitting.
For more information or to sign up for email project updates, visit www.mndot.gov/metro/projects/i494plymouth/.
For real-time travel information anywhere in Minnesota, visit www.511mn.org or dial 5-1-1.