Northbound I-494 ramps at Highway 55 in Plymouth closing July 5 – early August
ROSEVILLE, Minn. – The northbound Interstate 494 ramps to and from Highway 55 in Plymouth will close July 5 at 12:01 a.m., weather permitting. The ramps will remain closed through early August, weather permitting.
Motorists intending to access northbound I-494 from Highway 55 will be detoured to southbound I-494, eastbound I-394 and northbound I-494. Those intending to exit northbound I-494 at Highway 55 will be detoured to northbound I-494, westbound Rockford Road and southbound I-494.
The closures are needed while crews reconstruct both ramps.
The northbound I-494 ramps at Rockford Road will reopen prior to the closing of the northbound I-494 ramps at Highway 55.
Work this year is part of a two-year construction project on I-494 that includes:
- Repairing pavement on northbound I-494 between I-394 and I-694/94.
- Adding a third lane on northbound I-494 between Highway 55 and I-94/694.
- Building noise walls along the interstate.
- Replacing I-494 bridges over County Road 47 and Schmidt Lake Road
- Reconstructing the East Fish Lake Road bridge deck over I-494.
- Repairing several I-494 ramps
For more information about the project or to sign up for e-mail project updates, visit the project website at mndot.gov/metro/projects/i494plymouth/.
For real-time travel information anywhere in Minnesota, visit www.511mn.org or dial 5-1-1.
# # #
To learn more about funding Minnesota’s transportation system, visit Get Connected at www.dot.state.mn.us/getconnected.