Numerous traffic changes set this weekend on westbound I-694 from New Brighton to Brooklyn Center
Ramps open, close as concrete pavement repair continues
ROSEVILLE, Minn.— Ongoing concrete pavement repairs on westbound Interstate 694 between I-35W in New Brighton and Highway 100 in Brooklyn Center will require numerous overnight traffic changes on Sunday, Oct. 27 and Monday, Oct. 28.
The following ramps and loops will reopen to traffic overnight Sunday, Oct. 27:
- Southbound I-35W to westbound I-694.
- Westbound I-694 to and from Long Lake Road.
- University Avenue (Highway 47) to westbound I-694.
- Westbound I-694 to East River Road.
Weather permitting, all ramps and loops will be open by 5 a.m. Monday, Oct. 28.
In addition, the following ramps will close overnight Monday, Oct. 28
- The ramp from Silver Lake Road to westbound I-694 and from westbound I-694 to Silver Lake Road. They will remain closed until mid-November
- The ramps from westbound I-694 to Highway 65 (Central Avenue) and from southbound Highway 65 to westbound I-694. They will remain closed until mid-November.
Concrete pavement repair continues on the westbound lanes of the interstate and traffic is restricted to two lanes during the daytime and a single lane overnight between I-35W and East River Road until mid-November. Motorists should watch for intermittent temporary ramp closures.
For more information on the I-694 North Central WEST Project including closures and detours, please visit www.mndot.gov/metro/projects/694west/. Statewide traffic, construction and travel information is available at www.511mn.org, or call 5-1-1.