- Bre Grand
MnDOT Metro District
Office of Communications
1500 County Rd B2 West
Roseville, MN 55113
I-94/I-35E nightly lane closures occur Sept. 16-20
Restrictions will occur in downtown St. Paul for Central Corridor Light Rail construction
ROSEVILLE, Minn. – Motorists will experience delays on both directions of I-94 and I-35E in the downtown St. Paul commons area as overnight restrictions occur Sept. 16-20.
The following restrictions are scheduled to begin at 7 p.m. each night at Cedar Street:
- Sept. 16: The right three lanes of eastbound I-94/northbound I-35E will be closed (the ramp from northbound I-35E to eastbound I-94 will close at 6 p.m. Motorists are advised to use alternate routes to access eastbound I-94)
- Sept. 17: The left three lanes of eastbound I-94/northbound I-35E will be closed
- Sept. 18: The left lanes and shoulders of eastbound I-94/northbound I-35E and westbound I-94/southbound I-35E will be closed
- Sept. 19: The left three lanes of westbound I-94/southbound I-35E will be closed
- Sept. 20: The right three lanes of westbound I-94/southbound I-35E will be closed
All lanes will reopen by 6 a.m. each day following the overnight closures.
The lane closures are needed for continued work on the Cedar Street Bridge as part of the Central Corridor Light Rail Transit (CCLRT) construction.
For more information about the project visit http://www.metrocouncil.org/transportation/ccorridor/centralcorridor.asp.
For real-time travel information anywhere in Minnesota visit 511mn.org or dial 5-1-1.