Orange barrels on a highway
News Release
May 8, 2012

Contacts

Location

MnDOT Metro District
Office of Communications
1500 County Rd B2 West
Roseville, MN 55113

 

Search statewide news

 

 

 


Public invited to I-35 noise wall open house in Burnsville


ROSEVILLE, Minn – Those interested in a proposed project to build two noise walls along I-35 just north of County Road 46/162nd Street in Burnsville are invited to an open house to learn more about the project and MnDOT’s noise wall program.


The event is open to the public and will be held 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Thursday, May 17 at Nativity Episcopal Church, 15601 Maple Island Road in Burnsville.


Those attending will be able to view the project’s design and layout, simulated visual representations, take home information and have their questions answered directly from MnDOT noise experts, designers, engineers and other project staff involved with the project. Representatives from the city of Burnsville will also be on hand.


The walls, if approved by the city of Burnsville, would be constructed in 2015. Funding would be shared between MnDOT and the city of Burnsville. Approximately 90 percent of the projected cost would come from MnDOT’s noise wall program funds, with the remaining 10 percent coming from the City of Burnsville.


Individuals with a disability who need a reasonable accommodation to participate in this event, please send your request to Bruce Lattu, Coordinator of Disability Programs, Office of Affirmative Action, 395 John Ireland Blvd. St. Paul, MN 55155 or e-mail ADArequest@dot.state.mn.us.


“To request an ASL interpreter or other reasonable accommodation, call Janet Miller at 651-366-4720 or 1-800-657-3774 (Greater Minnesota); 711 or 1-800-627-3529 (Minnesota Relay). You may also send an e-mail to janet.rae.miller@state.mn.us. (Please request at least one week in advance).”

 

 

###

 

Pay Attention or Pay the Price