Roseville, Minn.— The Minnesota and Wisconsin Departments of Transportation are jointly hosting a public open house to present computer generated visualizations and animations of the proposed St. Croix River Crossing Project between the cities of Stillwater and Oak Park Heights, MN and the Town of St. Joseph, WI.
The Visual Quality Open House will be held from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Thursday, January 18, 2007 at the Washington County Government Center, 14949 62nd St. N., Stillwater. Project staff will answer questions and present graphics from the Visual Quality Manual (VQM) that were developed by the Visual Quality Review Committee (VQRC), a sub-group of the St. Croix River Crossing Stakeholders Group representing community, historical, environmental and transportation interests.
The visualizations and animations show design elements, landscaping, and other special treatments allowing the river crossing project to better blend in with the various cultural, environmental and community attributes which make this river valley unique.
Following the open house, the Visual Quality Manual can be viewed on the project website at: http://www.dot.state.mn.us/metro/projects/stcroix/vqpp.html and will be available at the following locations:
- Oak Park Heights City Hall (14168 Oak Park Blvd. N., Oak Park Heights)
- Stillwater City Hall (216 North Fourth Street, Stillwater)
- St. Joseph Town Hall (1337 County Road V, Town of St. Joseph)
- Bayport Public Library (528 North Fourth Street, Bayport)
- Carleton A. Friday Public Library (155 East First Street, New Richmond)
- Hudson Area Joint Library (911 Fourth Street, Hudson)
- Somerset Public Library (208 Hud Street, Somerset)
- Stillwater Public Library (223 Fourth Street North, Stillwater)
- Washington County Government Center Library (14949 62nd Street North, Stillwater)
- Environmental Conservation Library (300 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis)
- Mn/DOT – Metro District (1500 West County Road B2, Roseville)
- Mn/DOT Library (395 John Ireland Boulevard, St. Paul)
- WisDOT NW Region Office (718 West Clairemont Ave., Eau Claire)
For questions related to the Visual Quality Manual, please contact Dave Hall at (651) 747-2174 or Adam Josephson at (651) 582-1115.
The next steps for the project include completing final construction plans, beginning implementation of mitigation items, and securing adequate project funding. Additional information about the St. Croix River Crossing Project is available from Todd Clarkowski, Minnesota Dept. of Transportation, (651)582-1169 or Terry Pederson, Wisconsin Dept. of Transportation (715) 836-2857 or from the project website at www.dot.state.mn.us/metro/projects/stcroix
The meeting site is accessible to the disabled. Hearing impaired individuals may request special accommodations by calling Mn/DOT at (651) 582-1176 or WisDOT (TDD) at 1-800-947-3529 or by dialing 711.
Go to Top