- Geotechnical Engineering
- Grading and Base
- Materials Engineering
- Materials Engineers Organization
- Materials Disposition Form 24570 (PDF, 35KB, 2pp)
- Inspection Report Form 2415 (PDF, 8KB, 1pp)
- Small Quantity Inspection Report Form 2403 (PDF, 9KB, 1pp)
- Fence Certification Form Chain Link (PDF, 56KB, 2pp)
- Fence Certification Form Barbed Wire (PDF, 32KB, 1pp)
- Fence Certification Form Woven Wire (PDF, 32KB, 1pp)
Materials Engineers Organization (MEO)
The MEO is made up of nine unit leaders from the Materials Office and nine District Materials Engineers (two from Metro). The group meets twice per year. The representatives are:
Tim Andersen (Pavement Design Engineer)
Terry Beaudry (Grading and Base Engineer)
John Garrity (Bituminous Engineer)
Maria Masten (Concrete Engineer)
Bernard Izevbekhai (Concrete Research Engineer)
Steve Grover (Physical Testing Engineer)
Jerry Geib (Bituminous Research Engineer)
David Janisch (Pavement Management Engineer)
District Materials Engineers
Rod Garver (District 1, Duluth)
Jim Bittman (District 2, Bemidji)
Darren Nelson (District 3, Baxter)
Graig Gilbertson (District 4, Detroit Lakes)
Tom Meath (District 6, Rochester)
John Hager (District 7, Mankato),(past chair)
Keith Voss (District 8, Willmar)( chair)
Chris Kufner (Metro District, Roseville)
Goals and Purpose
The major goals and purposes of the MEO are to:
- Serve as a focal point in the pavement and materials area for other organizations.
- Resolve problems more effectively.
- Exchange ideas and information through group communication.
- Provide a means for organizational recognition.
- Provide a means for strengthening relationships and communication between this organization and others.
- Provide strong leadership on pavement and materials issues.
- Provide a means for distributing pavement and materials information.
- Provide for the personal development of its members.
- Stay abreast of and respond to new technology, methods and emerging issues.
- Influence Department policies and procedures.
The group is governed by the 2007 MEO bylaws (PDF, 55KB, 10pp).
2000 MEO bylaws (PDF, 63KB, 11pp)
1992 MEO bylaws (PDF, 915KB, 12pp)
1987 MEO bylaws (PDF, 1,181KB, 15pp)
Fall 1999 Executive Committee Minutes (PDF, 22KB, 3pp)
Summer 2000 Minutes (PDF, 44KB, 4pp)
Fall 2000 Minutes (PDF, 48KB, 6pp)
Spring 2006 Minutes (PDF, 53KB, 5pp)
Fall 2006 Pre-meeting Minutes (PDF, 14KB, 2pp)
Spring 2007 Minutes (PDF, 65KB, 11pp)
Fall 2007 Minutes (PDF, 47KB, 4pp)
Fall 2008 Minutes (PDF, 75KB, 9pp)
Spring 2009 Minutes and notes (PDF, 898KB, 13pp)
Reclamation (Chair - )
Drainable Base (Chair - )
Stabilized Full Depth Reclamation (Chair - )
Bituminous Proficiency/IA (Chair - )
Preventive Maintenance (Chair - )
Life Cycle Cost Analysis (Chair - )
ME (Chair - )