- FHWA Pavements
- Grading and Base
- Intelligent Compaction
- Lab Testing and Inspection
- Local Road Research Board (LRRB)
- Materials Engineering
- Materials Engineers Organization
- MnDOT Technical Certification
- Pavement Design
- Pavement Management
- Seasonal Load Limits
- Smoothness Program
- State Aid
- Construction Tools
- Bridges and Structures
- Mn/DOT Spec Book
- Schedule of Materials Control
- Special Provisions
- Technical Memorandums
- Mn/DOT Technical Certification
Other Concrete Links
Schedule of Price Reductions
The Schedule of Price Reductions for Failing Materials for Concrete Construction has been issued to address failing materials that are not covered in the MnDOT Standard Specifications for Construction. In addition, please review the Examples Applying the Schedule of Price Reductions if you have questions.
Concrete Special Provisions
There are several special provisions that may need to be inserted into your project.
Special Provisions are available from the MnDOT Office of Technical Support. Please read the notes that are included with the special provisions to determine which files are needed.
Cold Weather Protection
Cold Weather Protection Guidelines are a summary of recommendations for protecting the concrete in cold weather conditions.
MnDOT Concrete Manual (9/12/2003)
This Manual is prepared to familiarize Engineering Personnel, Contractors, and Consultants with the fundamentals, principles, and better practices of concrete construction so that the best possible concrete pavements and structures, consistent with job specifications, are obtained.
- Particular emphasis is placed on test methods and inspection procedures for the control of concrete production and placement.
- It includes a description of concrete materials, their uses and applications on concrete pavements, bases, bridges, culverts, curb and gutter, and other miscellaneous construction, construction procedures for the various types of work, items of concern to the Inspectors, duties of the Inspectors, typical design, adjustment of concrete mixes, useful tables, and required report forms.
- Where the instructions in this Manual differ from the Specifications and Plans on a project, the Specifications and Plans shall govern.
The Manual has been revised and brought up-to-date to conform to the 2000 Edition of the MnDOT Standard Specifications for Construction.