Market research at MnDOT
MnDOT strives to understand the perceptions, values and experiences of the traveling public, community members and businesses impacted by construction projects and other transportation system users. MnDOT's Market Research conducts research through online surveys, interviews and focus groups to collect actionable data. This research informs planning, operations, public engagement efforts, and strategic decision-making within the Department.
Take a look below at some of the most recently released reports including the statewide public opinion survey reports (omnibus) which reflects the public's perspectives about MnDOT's planning and delivery of transportation services and products.
Note: To request documents in an alternative format, please call 651-366-4718 or 1-800-657-3774 (Greater Minnesota), or email ADArequest.email@example.com.
Minnesota Public Opinion Survey Reports
- Omnibus Study 2017 (Executive Summary) (PDF)
- Omnibus Study 2017 (Full Report) (PDF)
- Omnibus Study 2016 (PDF)
- Omnibus Study 2015 (PDF)
- Omnibus Study 2014 (PDF)
- Omnibus Study 2013 (PDF)
Other Market Research Reports
- Effective Social Media Engagement Options for Minnesota’s Diversifying Population - 2017 (PDF)
- Perception Tracking Study (Perceptions of Metro area driving public on traffic management and congestion mitigation) - 2017 (PPTX)
- Mobility Mindsets of Millennials in Small Urban and Rural Areas Report - 2016 (PDF)
- Understanding & Aligning Transportation with Quality of Life - 2013 (PPT)