Resources for exploring Minnesota.
State, County and City Maps
Official state highway map - Online resource includes regional maps, historic sites, state parks and mileage chart.
- Highway system map
- County maps
- Twin Cities metro area street series
- St. Paul-Mpls metropolitan area map (PDF, 6 MB)
- City maps
Real-time traffic maps
- Metro traffic map - Color codes indicate free flowing, slow and congested roadways.
- More metro traffic maps - Available in alternative formats.
- Statewide traffic map - Color codes indicate good, fair and difficult driving.
Traffic video camera maps
Traffic cameras in the Twin Cities Metro Area and many locations in greater Minnesota provide images of traffic and weather conditions. The images are updated approximately every 60 seconds.
Metro area cameras:
Greater Minnesota traffic cameras:
- www.511mn.org - If traffic camera images are available, the cameras tab will be visible.
Special Interest Maps
- Rest area information - Maps and more about highway safety, rest areas and waysides.
- Recreation and hunting maps (Department of Natural Resources)
- Travel guides and maps (Department of Tourism)
- Bike trail maps
- University of MN maps
Geographic Information System is a computer-based tool for mapping, storing, analyzing, and sharing geographically-referenced spatial data.