New Library Materials
Items added during: May 2011
Research Services Section
395 John Ireland Boulevard
Mail Stop 155
Saint Paul, MN 55155
Masters of Information
By Jim Byerly
In her article Masters of Information, Jennifer Boteler discusses the role of libraries in providing timely, accurate and authoritative information to transportation practitioners. She explains how transportation librarians are able to go beyond what is freely available to everyone on the Internet.
- Not everything is in Google. Librarians can find the good stuff.
- Describes the work of librarians at the FHWA library and how they work with FHWA staff to find the information they need to be effective.
- Research tools that transportation librarians have created like TL Cat.
- Library networks - Through the National Transportation Knowledge Network (NTKN) and other networks, transportation libraries collaborate by sharing resources and expertise.
- Why search engines aren't enough.
- Examples of questions answered by transportation libraries.
"In today's ever-expanding universe of knowledge, transportation libraries can help researchers find what they need to make sound decisions." Jennifer Boteler in Masters of Information, Public Roads, May/June 2011, Vol.74, No.6.
Documents and Databases
Transportation Library Resources
Mail Stop 155
395 John Ireland Blvd.
St. Paul, MN 55155