- Reference Assistance: Library staff provide comprehensive reference and database search services for MnDOT employees. We provide the same services on transportation related topics for consultants under contract to MnDOT, staff of other state agencies, and local transportation officials in Minnesota. As time permits, we also provide reference assistance on transportation topics to the general public.
- Document Delivery : Library staff will attempt to locate, acquire, and deliver a copy of any publication requested by our primary customers (MnDOT employees, employees of Minnesota local government transportation and highway agencies, University faculty, staff and students affiliated with the Center for Transportation Studies, and consultants under contract to MnDOT).
- Periodicals Routing Service: Library staff route current issues of periodicals to MnDOT employees statewide. This cost-saving service enables knowledge dissemination and sharing of new developments in fields such as transportation, business, government, finance, computers, and information systems management to name a few. The MnDOT Library periodicals collection of nearly four hundred titles is also available for reference and circulation services for staff and customers.
- New Library Materials: MnDOT Library publishes this listing of materials recently added to our collections every month. It also contains short notes about changes to our library services and other items of interest to our customers. Transportation librarians and transportation professionals in Minnesota can ask to be placed on the e-mail list to receive them as they are published.
- Interlibrary Loans: Library staff regularly borrow materials from other libraries anywhere in the world for use by MnDOT employees, consultants under contract to MnDOT, and local transportation officials in Minnesota. Daily courier service is provided for delivery of materials from the University of Minnesota and the MINITEX interlibrary loan system. Other frequently used resources include the libraries at University of California's Institute of Transportation Studies, Northwestern University's Transportation Institute, Transportation Research Board, and Australian Road Research Board.
- Wi-Fi: The library offers free wireless internet to customers. Just ask us for a login.
- Study and Work Areas: The library provides various options for working in the library either alone or with colleagues.
- External Resources: MnDOT Library is a participant in the MnSCU/PALS system. This system provides access to our online catalog and other databases. You can search our catalog at MnPALS Catalog.
MnLINK is a service that will allow you to search multiple library catalogs, including ours, simultaneously using a standard interface instead of searching the catalogs of individual libraries separately. MnLINK also provides access to online databases with full text articles.
Library For Minnesota (ELM)
ELM is an online virtual library containing magazine and journal articles and information from encyclopedias, almanacs, directories, and other resources.
Ask A Librarian for Assistance
Documents and Databases
Transportation Library Resources
Mail Stop 155
395 John Ireland Blvd.
St. Paul, MN 55155