- Research Assistance: Library staff provide requested facts, data, or other information for MnDOT employees. We provide the same services on transportation related topics for consultants under contract to MnDOT, staff of other state agencies, and local transportation officials in Minnesota. As time permits, we also provide assistance on transportation topics to the general public. You can contact us in various ways. or via the Ask a Librarian form.
- Literature Searches: Librarians provide an up-to-date list of published books, reports, articles, electronic resources, and other materials on any specified topic or on the best practices in a particular field. Full-text web links will be provided when possible. Full-text requests can be made for selected results.
- Document Delivery: Library staff will attempt to locate, acquire, and deliver a copy of any publication requested by our primary customers (MnDOT employees, employees of Minnesota local government transportation and highway agencies, University faculty, staff and students affiliated with the Center for Transportation Studies, and consultants under contract to MnDOT).
- Interlibrary Loans: Library staff regularly borrow materials from other libraries anywhere in the world for use by MnDOT employees, consultants under contract to MnDOT, and local transportation officials in Minnesota. Daily courier service is provided for delivery of materials from the University of Minnesota and the MINITEX interlibrary loan (ILL) system. NOTE: please allow at least 2 weeks for ILL delivery.
- Periodicals Routing Service: Library staff route current issues of periodicals to MnDOT employees statewide. This cost-saving service enables knowledge dissemination and sharing of new developments in fields such as transportation, business, government, finance, computers, and information systems management to name a few. The MnDOT Library periodicals collection of more than 200 hundred titles is also available for reference and circulation services for staff and customers.
- Online Catalog and Resources: MnDOT Library is a participant in the MnSCU/PALS system. This system provides access to our online catalog and other resources.
- New Library Materials: MnDOT Library publishes this listing of materials recently added to our collections every month. It also contains short notes about changes to our library services and other items of interest to our customers. Transportation librarians and transportation professionals in Minnesota can ask to be placed on the e-mail list to receive them as they are published.
- WiFi: Available to customers in the public areas of Central Office building.
- Study and Work Areas: The library provides various options for working in the library either alone or with colleagues.