Lane and ramp closures
- Southbound I-35E ramp to eastbound I-94/ southbound Hwy 52 closed through mid-October
Detour: Southbound I-35E to eastbound Hwy 36 to southbound I-694 to eastbound I-94. Continue southbound on I-694 to southbound I-494 to access Hwy 52. View map (PDF)
- Plato Boulevard to northbound Hwy 52 is closed through late-October
- Watch for closures on the southbound bridge through early October.
- Northbound Hwy 52 will stay in its current alignment on the east half of the bridge through late October as crews finish work on the driving surface of the northbound bridge. Watch for construction vehicles.
- Ramp from northbound Hwy 52 Lafayette Bridge to East 7th Street will be closed from 7 a.m. Thursday, Oct. 8 to 10 p.m. Friday, Oct. 9.
10 p.m. Oct. 9 through 5 a.m. Monday Oct. 12
- Eastbound I-94 between Hwy 52 and Hwy 61 closed
10 p.m. Oct. 9 through 5 p.m. Saturday Oct. 10
- Westbound I-94 between Hwy 61 and I-35E closed.
Oct. 12 through Oct. 16, from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. the following morning
- Overnight lane closures both directions of I-94 at Highway 52/Lafayette Bridge
- The ramp from eastbound I-94 to southbound Hwy 52 and the ramp from northbound Hwy 52 to eastbound I-94 will remain open.
- The ramp from northbound Hwy 52 to westbound I-94 and the ramp from westbound I-94 to southbound Hwy 52 will be closed.
- The ramp from northbound Hwy 52 to East 7th Street will remain open
- Eastbound I-94: southbound Hwy 52 to eastbound I-494 to northbound Hwy 61
- Westbound I-94: Southbound Hwy 61 to westbound I-494 to northbound I-35E (expect for truck traffic)
- Truck traffic is encouraged to use either I-694 or I-494 to avoid the closure
- Eastbound East 7th Street ramp to westbound I-94 is permanently closed.
- 5th Street: Closed east of Johns Street and no longer exists as a street.
- 4th Street: Closed to vehicles. Bicyclists have access to Bruce Vento trail by way of 4th Street.
- Kittson Street north of 7th street no longer exists. It will be the new northbound Hwy 52 to 7th Street Exit.
- Kittson Street south of the Downtowner and Holiday Station no longer exists.
At this time there are no plans to open the trail prior to the end of bridge construction in Oct. 2015. The trail is currently being used for construction traffic signs to direct northbound traffic. These signs are large and take up half of the width of the trail. There is no room on the bridge driving lanes to install these signs.