- The crossover from the existing Lafayette Bridge to the new northbound bridge was completed on April 27.
- No vehicles or vehicle combinations of more than 35 feet in length, including charter buses and school buses, are allowed to use the Lafayette Bridge north of Plato Boulevard (PDF, 310 KB) until the crossover is removed and no longer needed (early 2014).
- Two lanes of traffic will remain open in both directions for vehicles. Emergency vehicles will be permitted to use the bridge.
- Crossover route detours for prohibited vehicles:
- Northbound Hwy 52: Follow eastbound I-494 to northbound Hwy 61 to westbound I-94 to Mounds Boulevard to 7th Street.
- Southbound Hwy 52: Follow 7th Street to Mounds Boulevard to eastbound I-94 to southbound Hwy 61 to westbound I-494.
- The ramp from eastbound I-94 to southbound Hwy 52 is closed and will reopen by August, 2015.
- Eastbound East 7th Street ramp to westbound I-94 is permanently closed.
- 5th Street: Closed east of Johns Street and no longer exists as a street.
- 4th Street: Closed to vehicles. Bicyclists have access to Bruce Vento trail by way of 4th Street.
- Kittson Street north of 7th street no longer exists. It will be the new NB Hwy 52 to 7th Street Exit.
- Kittson Street south of the Downtowner
and Holiday Station no longer exists.