- Construction Tools
- Traffic Engineering
- Work Zone Safety Media Campaign
- 511 (Construction and Traffic Conditions)
- Traffic Volumes
- 2009 Construction Projects
- FIRST (Freeway Incident Response, Safety Team)
- Work Zone Safety Speakers Bureau
Traffic control signs and barriers are installed to let drivers know they are approaching a work zone or construction area
and to route drivers through this area safely.
There are 4 parts to a traffic control zone:
1. Advance Warning Area tells the drivers what to expect ahead.
2. Transition Area routes the traffic out of its normal path.
3. Activity Area is where the construction work takes place.
4. Termination Area is where construction ends and traffic resumes normal path.