Estimating Work Zone Performance Measures on Signalized Arterials
The Project will utilize SMART-Signal, a technology that gathers traffic signal data in real-time, to monitor work zone operations on a signalized arterial, document performance measures, and adjust signal timing parameters when necessary. This project will develop a method for measuring work zone performance using real-time data. A toolbox will also be developed to mitigate congestion levels that exceed acceptable thresholds, such as adjusting signal timing or making changes in traffic control.
- Develop Systems Engineering Documentation (to be used as a resource this project & future deployments, while meeting federal compliance requirements)
- Identify Performance Measures for Arterial Work Zones
- Monitor and Evaluate Work Zone Performance
- Develop System Guidance (to actively manage traffic and react to operational issues caused by construction).
- Implement Mitigation Measures As Necessary to Improve Performance