What are the plans for closures affecting Hwy 169?
The Nine Mile Creek Bridge closure started Jan. 23.
- The entrance ramp from WB I-394 to SB Hwy 169 will be closed through October 2017, as there is not enough time for cars coming off the ramp to merge safely into the single lane. In addition, it will reduce traffic on 169.
- The Southbound ramp from Fifth Street/Lincoln Avenue will be closed
- The ramp from Southbound 169 to Bren Road will be closed
- SB 169 will be single lane from Excelsior Blvd. to Seventh Street will be a single lane
- The ramp from northbound 169 to Fifth and Lincoln will close
- The NB ramp from Bren to 169 will be closed
- NB 169 will be single lane from Hwy 62 to Bren Road. The single lanes are necessary as crews begin to remove the Nine Mile Creek Bridge.
- Please use the recommended detours:
- NB detour - EB 62, NB Hwy 100, WB I-394 to Hwy 169
- SB detour - WB I-394, SB I-494 to Hwy 169
- Bridge construction work is scheduled from 5 a.m. to 10 p.m. with limits on noise from 9 p.m. until 7 a.m.
The work is expected to last through October 2017. By closing the area entirely, the construction period decreases from 3 years to one year. To find out the latest news about the project, visit the project website at mndot.gov/metro/projects/hwy169hopkins.