Frequently Asked Questions


About vehicles



Can't find what you're

looking for?

Try our A-Z search or

contact our info center.





About travel


About load and weight restrictions


About MnDOT


About other state agencies




Where do I find driver's licenses, vehicles, tabs and titles?

The Department of Public Safety Driver and Vehicle Services Office is responsible for all driver and vehicle licenses and renewals.




Where can I get travel and tourist info?

Visit Explore Minnesota for travel info, lodging, scenic byways and more.




Where are all the major construction projects and how can I avoid them?

For construction, congestion and weather-related road conditions dial 511 or visit on your computer or mobile device.




Where can I get a state highway map?

View and print an official state highway map or visit the State Bookstore.




What are the speed limits on state highways?

View speed limit guidelines and learn how speed limits are set.




Where can I find seasonal load and weight restrictions?

View seasonal load limits and weight restrictions.




How can I apply for jobs at MnDOT?

Visit our jobs page to learn more about our recruitment programs and working for MnDOT.




How can I find an email address for a MnDOT employee?

You can look up employee contact info in the state white pages. MnDOT's Info Center may also be able to help you locate email addresses.




How can I find other state agencies?

Search NorthStar: Minnesota State Government Online for all state agency listings, as well as links to counties and cities.