- Take a self-directed walking tour of the bridge (PDF, 4MB)
- Structural enhancements include the use of high performance concrete to provide superior durability. There are also multiple levels of structural redundancy to provide a long-lasting bridge that will be economical to maintain.
- A state-of-the-art sensor and monitoring system built into the bridge will allow for easier and more comprehensive monitoring throughout the bridge’s lifetime.
- A comprehensive safety program was implemented throughout all aspects of the design and construction process.
- Glossary of bridge terms (PDF, 190KB)
- How was the design selected?
- Presentation (Powerpoint, 22MB) providing an overview of the project characteristics, updated phases of construction, and public information efforts.
- 9 Key Steps of Mainspan Construction (PDF, 2.6MB)
Star Tribune graphic of bridge construction:
Click image to see larger graphic