WorkKeys-MnDOT test information
- Please schedule a time to take the 55-minute math assessment.
- If you pass the math assessment, you may immediately take the 55-minute reading assessment.
- You will not be allowed to take the reading assessment until you have passed the math assessment.
- To become fully eligible for a position you must pass both tests.
- You can re-test up to three times per month as appointments are available.
Burnsville (Dakota County)
Call the representative below to make an appointment for the WorkKeys-MnDOT test and obtain a KeyTrain login and password:
Mike Lang (primary contact)
Burnsville WorkForce Center
2900 County Road 42 W, Suite 140
Burnsville, MN 55337-4854
If you need a reasonable accommodation for testing, please request when scheduling your test so that we can make necessary arrangements.
The State of Minnesota is an equal-opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on disability, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local human rights commission and sexual orientation.
The WorkKeys website offers more information on the the following test-taking tips and suggestions:
- Each test contains multiple-choice items followed by five possible answers from which you are to choose the best one.
- Pace yourself.
- Listen to and read the directions for each test carefully.
- Read each question carefully.
- Answer the easy questions first.
- Use logic in more difficult questions.
- Answer every question.
- Review your work.