Applying for State of Minnesota jobs
How to get started
The state will launch a new online job application system on Tuesday, Dec. 8. This new system, called Recruiting Solutions, will make it easier to search and apply for state jobs. If you already have a resume in the state system and want to keep a copy, you must retrieve it before midnight, Friday, Dec. 4. This video explains everything you need to know in one minute.
Or if you prefer the text:
After Dec. 8, 2015, Go to Recruiting Solutions at the MMB website and search for state jobs. There, you will be able to:
- Upload a unique and tailored resume for each job.
- Automatically fill in portions of the application from your uploaded resume.
- View a progress bar to see what steps remain.
- Track your application and receive status updates throughout the recruitment process.
- Reset your user ID and password automatically.
- Receive automated alerts for new jobs.
Develop and post your resume
Check out the resume writing tips and sample resumes available on the State Job site before you begin to ensure you have all the necessary information at hand. We strongly encourage you to use the online Resume Builder to create and submit your resume and application. However, if you prefer you may submit a paper copy resume and application by mail.
Search and apply for a job
To apply for a Transportation Associate or Transportation Generalist position, go to the job search page of the State of Minnesota Jobs site. Enter Transportation Associate in the "Keyword Search and then choose the Minnesota Department of Transportation in the department "drop down" list. You also can choose to view other openings that meet your needs.
Attention, military veterans:
- The State of Minnesota Jobs site holds a wealth of information for military veterans interested in state jobs.
- Military veterans can apply for a waiver from the Commercial Driver's License road test through the Minnesota Department of Public Safety.
CDL Permit, Class A or B with no air brake restriction.
Class A or B CDL with no air brake restriction (plus one year of experience).
Tanker endorsements are required for some positions.
Please list all your endorsements on your resume when you apply.