- The license plate reader system will allow the Minnesota State Patrol to receive alerts without having to manually enter vehicle license plate numbers into the system.
- The LPR system is not dedicated to a single patrol vehicle. Any patrol vehicle in the vicinity can use a single LPR to assist in identifying vehicles in violation.
- Iteris, Inc.
- Meridian Environmental Technologies
- Minnesota Department of Public Safety - State Patrol
- SCorE – WZARD Final Report (PDF, 6.5 MB)
The SCorE CITE project investigates the use of stationary roadside mounted license plate readers at certain locations along the I-94 corridor between Trunk Highway 101 in Rogers to County Road 18 in Monticello. The LPRs will allow the Minnesota State Patrol to read license plate numbers of passing vehicles and take appropriate action if needed.
The focus of the CITE project is to enhance the ability of law enforcement to take action upon vehicles driven by individuals with revoked, suspended or cancelled driver’s licenses.
Vehicles identified as being owned by individuals with revoked, suspended for cancelled driver’s licenses will be transmitted wirelessly to a nearby squad car’s computer. Once alerted, the law enforcement officer can respond and take appropriate action.