- Rural: I-35 in District 1
- Urban: T.H. 100, CSAH 81, T.H. 55, T.H. 7 in Metro District
- Hennepin County
- Fall 2012
- Rashmi Brewer, P.E.
The Arterial Real-Time Traveler Information Commercial Probe Data project is intended to demonstrate an innovative, non-infrastructure based relatively low-cost approach to collect real time traffic data on metro area arterials to be able to provide real time traffic information to motorists. Data provided will augment traffic data currently being collected by MnDOT and will provide a broader picture of traffic conditions in the metro area.
It is intended to demonstrate the accuracy and reliability of traffic non-infrastructure based data collection on a major state arterial. It will also include a major county arterial, since many of the major arterials in the metro area are county roads, and a rural interstate construction work zone.
- Provide travel time data on arterial routes
- Relative low cost
- Non-infrastructure-based travel time information
- Need for commercial traffic on routes being used
- If commercial traffic doesn't exist on a route, determination is necessary of traffic flow along that route to be able to use historical and predictive data
- Compare data to MnDOT data and collected travel time data
- Determine compatibility with MnDOT's RTMC