- Reduced crashes at intersections
- Reduced fatalities and injuries at intersections
- Low-cost, active signing solution
- Hennepin County
- Short Elliott Hendrickson
- Network Transportation Technologies
Intersection Warning System
The Intersection Warning System developed through this project will provide active, real-time supplemental warning to drivers approaching an intersection and alert them to look for oncoming traffic. The project will follow a systems engineering approach to design and develop the system, in addition to a laboratory test to demonstrate viability prior to a six-month field operational test at an intersection within Hennepin County, Minnesota. An independent evaluation of this project will also be conducted.