- Understand non-intrusive technologies
- SRF Consulting
- NIT Phase II Final Report (September 2002)
- Appendix A: Detailed Vendor and Product List
- Appendix B: Extended Vendor List
- Appendix C: Baseline Ground-truth Results
- Appendix D: Detailed Test Results
- Appendix E: Special Data Analysis
- Appendix F: Special Specifications for Microwave Sensors
- Bike & Ped Evaluation Test Report (Feb 2003)
Non-Intrusive Traffic Detection (NIT2)
The goals of Phase II were to develop standardized test guidelines, conduct extensive field tests of non-intrusive technologies for use in a variety of applications, and examine the deployment issues and costs associated with the technologies. This project examined the traffic data collection capabilities of each sensor, including the application to historic and Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) data collection purposes.
Phase II of the NIT project furthered the understanding of non-intrusive technologies used for traffic detection. One of the unique features of this phase of testing was the assessment of sensor performance in a wide variety of mounting configurations.