- Ensure a safe and comfortable experience for transit users
- Reduce the potential for damage to a passenger’s personal property at the park-and-ride lot
- Prevention of damage to passenger amenities, such as bus shelters, route information signs and pay telephones
- General Security Services
- Metro Transit
- Park and Ride Security Project System Evaluation (July 2000)
Metro Transit Park and Ride Bus Stop Security System
This research project was undertaken to determine viable security options that could be deployed to alleviate the users’ safety concerns about using the facility. Additionally, the system was designed to provide law enforcement officials with usable tools to assist in the apprehension of the perpetrators.
This park-and-ride security project involved the design, implementation and evaluation of vehicle actuated video surveillance, innovative two-way communications equipment (code blue kiosk), and contracted security monitoring of the Metro Transit Park-and-Ride lot.