MnDOT is continually striving to improve, meet customer needs, get the most from every dollar, and be transparent about our progress and use of public funds.
Below you will find information, tools and resources about how MnDOT and Minnesota transportation is funded and more.
Your questions, answered!
The value of transportation
We all have a stake in A to B
Our transportation system is a vital part of keeping Minnesotans connected
An enhanced transportation system will ease commutes and give businesses access to over 500,000 more employees. Minnesotans told us that these connections are important to our quality of life.
Our transportation system connects us to:
MnDOT is using innovation to meet transportation needs and minimize impacts to travelers.
Why is transportation important?
See examples of how your tax dollars were used
Highway projects from 2008 to 2013
What investments have been made in your area of the state?
View the regional maps for a closer look. Choose a region from the menu for a closer look.
Transportation in the news
- Take the long view on transportation in Minnesota
Star Tribune, Jan. 12, 2015
- Real World Economics: Analysis yields gasoline tax insight
Pioneer Press, Jan. 12, 2015
- Our view: Pothole insurance is not the answer
Winona Daily Newsl, Jan. 9, 2015
- Dayton talks about transportation, Zip Rail, DMC
Post Bulletin, Jan. 5, 2015
- Minnesota's broken bridges, ruined roads: All agree something must be done
Star Tribune, Jan. 4, 2015
- Minnesota roads need money, but where should it come from?
Pioneer Press, Jan. 3, 2015
- Roads and bridges top Capitol to-do list, but what's the cost?
MPR News, Jan. 2, 2015
- Study: MN rail crossing upgrades needed as oil train traffic jumps
MPR News, Dec. 31, 2014
- Minnesota works to cut the risk on county roadsStar Tribune, Dec. 30, 2014
- Transportation, education top Dayton's to-do listAP News, Dec. 29, 2014
- Success mixed on transportation goalsSt. Cloud Times, Dec. 28, 2014
- Minnesota lawmakers search for way out of road jamCrookston Daily Times, Dec. 15, 2014
- On the roads, again: lessons from the last big transportation debateMinnPost, Dec. 15, 2014
- Transportation chief: $1 billion surplus can't fix road problems
Daily Circuit, MPR News, December 9, 2014
- Matt Schmit: Creative solutions needed for Minnesota's rural roadsRochester Post-Bulletin, Dec. 4, 2014
- Millennials: The multimodal generation
Star Tribune, Dec. 1, 2014