MnDOT is continually striving to improve, meet customer needs, get the most from every dollar, and be transparent about our progress and use of public funds.
Below you will find information, tools and resources about how MnDOT and Minnesota transportation is funded and more.
Your questions, answered!
The value of transportation
We all have a stake in A to B
Our transportation system is a vital part of keeping Minnesotans connected
An enhanced transportation system will ease commutes and give businesses access to over 500,000 more employees. Minnesotans told us that these connections are important to our quality of life.
Our transportation system connects us to:
MnDOT is using innovation to meet transportation needs and minimize impacts to travelers.
Why is transportation important?
See examples of how your tax dollars were used
Highway projects from 2008 to 2013
What investments have been made in your area of the state?
Choose a region from the menu for a closer look.
Transportation in the news
- Commissioner Zelle discussing transportation on MPR; funding, legislation, potholes and city assessments for transportation work. Daily Circuit, MPR News, April 29, 2014
- I-35E to close as Larpenteur bridge slides into place
St. Paul Pioneer Press, July 9, 2014
- MnDOT grants new funding for U.S. 14
Rochester Post-Bulletin,July 1, 2014
- Zip Rail moves forward with route possibilities
Rochester Post-Bulletin, June 26, 2014
- Bipartisan Momentum on Building Up Our Infrastructure
Northfield News, June 24, 2014
- Making Green Line history: This is really smooth, really user-friendly
MinnPost, June 16, 2014
- Piecemeal approach jump-starts a safer U.S. 10 in Anoka County
St. Paul Pioneer Press,June 14, 2014
- With federal highway trust fund running on empty, Minnesota transportation advocates want action
MinnPost, June 12, 2014
- St. Croix Bridge On Track For 2016 Completion
WCCO (CBS) CH 4 – Minneapolis, June 8, 2014
- Minnesota's New Solutions for Aging Pavement
Better Roads,June 05, 2014
- Our View: Road funding shouldn't be one source
Mankato Free Press, June 1, 2014
- Our View: Road funding shouldn't be one source Mankato Free Press, June 1, 2014
- Klobuchar, MnDOT Commissioner visit Owatonna to discuss Highway 14's future, funding. Owatonna Peoples Press, May 28, 2014
- Minnesota transportation advocates woo business after 2014’s failureMinnPost, May 28, 2014
- ABC 6 Investigates The Money Trail: State Gas Tax
KAAL, May 16, 2014
- Report: Congestion on Twin Cities metro area freeways holding steady as population increases MnDOT news release, May 15, 2014
- Minnesota DOT Saves $50 Million Due to Efficiency, Uses Money to Fund Other Projects AASHTO Journal, May 2, 2014
- Minnesota ranks second in nation for bicycle-friendly states MnDOT News Release, May 1, 2014