MnDOT is continually striving to improve, meet customer needs, get the most from every dollar, and be transparent about our progress and use of public funds.
Below you will find information, tools and resources about how MnDOT and Minnesota transportation is funded and more.
Your questions, answered!
The value of transportation
We all have a stake in A to B
Our transportation system is a vital part of keeping Minnesotans connected
An enhanced transportation system will ease commutes and give businesses access to over 500,000 more employees. Minnesotans told us that these connections are important to our quality of life.
Our transportation system connects us to:
MnDOT is using innovation to meet transportation needs and minimize impacts to travelers.
Why is transportation important?
See examples of how your tax dollars were used
Highway projects from 2008 to 2013
What investments have been made in your area of the state?
View the regional maps for a closer look. Choose a region from the menu for a closer look.
Transportation in the news
- Transportation chief: $1 billion surplus can't fix road problems
Daily Circuit, MPR News, December 9, 2014
- Minnesota lawmakers search for way out of road jamCrookston Daily Times, Dec. 15, 2014
- On the roads, again: lessons from the last big transportation debateMinnPost, Dec. 15, 2014
- Matt Schmit: Creative solutions needed for Minnesota's rural roadsRochester Post-Bulletin, Dec. 4, 2014
- Millennials: The multimodal generation
Star Tribune, Dec. 1, 2014
- Dakota County seeks taxes, fees to pay for transportationStar Tribune, Nov. 30, 2014
- Transportation tops Anoka County's legislative wish listHometown Source, Nov. 17, 2014
- Transportation at the Minnesota Legislature: Dibble dabbles in beets, talks transportationCrookston Times, Oct. 10, 2014
- Our Opinion: Road funding needs to be a priority
Fergus Falls Journal, Sept. 3, 2014
- MnDOT's Truck-Mounted Paver Proves to Be Super (Road) Saver
AASHTO Journal, August 29, 2014
- Minnesota governor candidates outline how they'd pay for new roads
MPR News 90.3 FM, August 27, 2014
- Transportation should be a topic on the campaign trail
Star Tribune, August 22, 2014
- Highway 34 passing lane work begins
Park Rapids Enterprise, August 20, 2014
- MnDOT crews minimize public impact
Albert Lea Tribune, August 19, 2014
- Last stoplight between Rochester, Twin Cities to be removed
Post Bulletin, August 15, 2014
- Governor Dayton to Hold Railway Safety Meetings in Communities Across Minnesota
Fillmore County Journal, August 11, 2014
- Stopgap funding for Highway Trust Fund keeps MnDOT projects on track
Star Tribune, August 3, 2014
- MnDOT wins award for saving money
DL Online, August 2, 2014
- I-35E to close as Larpenteur bridge slides into place
St. Paul Pioneer Press, July 9, 2014
- MnDOT grants new funding for U.S. 14
Rochester Post-Bulletin,July 1, 2014
- Zip Rail moves forward with route possibilities
Rochester Post-Bulletin, June 26, 2014
- Bipartisan Momentum on Building Up Our Infrastructure
Northfield News, June 24, 2014
- Making Green Line history: This is really smooth, really user-friendly
MinnPost, June 16, 2014
- Piecemeal approach jump-starts a safer U.S. 10 in Anoka County
St. Paul Pioneer Press,June 14, 2014
- Commissioner Zelle discussing transportation on MPR; funding, legislation, potholes and city assessments for transportation work Daily Circuit, MPR News, April 29, 2014