- March 20, 2019: Smart Growth America: T4A Releases call for artists.
- April 17, 2019: Webinar: Call for Artists: MnDOT Community Vitality Fellowship
- May 1, 2019: Application deadline.
- June 2019: Interviews & selection with panel of leaders from partner agencies.
- July 29, 2019: Fellowship and rotations begin. T4A staff will orient fellow on site for 3-5 days and introduce project to MnDOT staff.
- Dec. 1, 2019: Departmental rotations conclude.
- October 2019: Present at Rail~Volution Conference 2019.
- June 2020: Final meeting with T4A, MnDOT leadership and fellow; second webinar Presentation.
- Winter 2020: MnDOT leadership presents program to state DOT leaders at SSTI Community of Practice convening
The fellow will be embedded at MnDOT for a 12-month period, spending the first four months in departmental rotations and shadowing to understand MnDOT’s operations and strategic priorities. These departments include:
- Public Engagement and Constituent Services and Tribal Affairs
- Greater MN District Offices
- Metro District Office
- Center for Community Connections & Rethinking I-94
- Office of Transit and Active Transportation
- Office of Environmental Stewardship
- Office of Land Management
- Project Management and Tech Support
- Connected and Autonomous Vehicles (CAV-X)
- Complete a final report with recommendations for process enhancements at MnDOT;
- Culminating the residence with (1) new project, proposal or process at MnDOT;
- A training for MnDOT project managers on strategies for working with communities requesting art, placemaking and enhanced green infrastructure on MnDOT right of way;
- A brief field scan of art and placemaking currently in MnDOT’s right of way;
- An analysis of innovative public engagement tactics utilized for MnDOT projects to engage underrepresented communities in project design and planning;
- Summary of interviews with MnDOT District Engineers and rural economic development professionals around greater Minnesota on placemaking and transportation infrastructure