The goal of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act is to create jobs and improve the nation’s infrastructure. For every million dollars spent on highway construction about 27 jobs could be created. As more information becomes available this page will help you find opportunities. Highway construction jobs are frequently available from private contractors or subcontractors. These links may help you find out who is hiring:
Economic recovery forum
- Certification by Minnesota Commissioner (DOC 0.5 MB) - This certification states that the infrastructure investments have received the full review and vetting required by law (form 1511).
- Certification by Minnesota Governor (PDF 0.5 MB) - This certification explains that the state will request and use funds provided by ARRA, and the funds will be used to create jobs and promote economic health (form 1607).
- Certification by Minnesota Governor (PDF 0.5 MB) - This certification explains that the state will maintain the level of state funding for transportation projects (form 1201).
- The 1201 Maintenance of Effort Report (PDF 0.5 MB)
- Complete list of certifications, state-by-state