About this project
Summary of work
- Add a third general purpose lane in each direction between Rice St. and Lexington Ave.
- Reconstruct I-694 between Rice St. and Lexington Ave.
- Rebuild interstate ramps at Lexington Ave, Victoria St. and Rice St.
- Open the right lane of the bridge from NB I-35E to WB I-694. The right lane will become an exit-only lane to Rice St.
- Build a noise wall along the south side of I-694 west of Rice St. in Shoreview
- Improve storm water drainage throughout the corridor
- Project information flyer (PDF)
A noise study conducted in the area in 2014 showed that a noise barrier constructed south of I-694 and west of Rice St. would reduce the noise from traffic for some property owners and residents. Residents and property owners who will have a reduction in noise of at least five (5) decibels voted on construction of a noise barrier in April 2015. They approved its construction as part of this project in 2016. Learn more about noise barriers.