Watch for new traffic patterns on I-90 on both sides the Dresbach Bridge beginning Thursday, Nov. 14. Both directions of traffic were previously routed on both westbound lanes; the new traffic pattern will route motorists on one eastbound and one westbound lane as crews conduct barrier and cleanup work.
Motorists will continue to encounter temporary lane closures as work continues while weather permits. All lane restrictions will be lifted for the winter.
Access to the Traveler Information Center and Lock and Dam is currently restricted to passenger vehicles. The Fish and Wildlife Service Boat Launch is closed.
- Preliminary staging layouts (PDF 8.7 MB)
- Construction staging requirements (PDF 0.5 MB)
- Project layout - Minnesota side (PDF 0.5 MB)
- Project layout - Wisconsin side (PDF 0.5 MB)
- I-90 currently has a 14 foot width restriction through out the project.
- Hwy 61 will be kept open to traffic at all times during the project but there will be over-dimensional permit restrictions implemented.
- The existing Dresbach travel information center will be closed to trucks for the duration of the project starting in the spring of 2013 and ending in the fall of 2016.
- Trucking industry outreach handout (PDF 0.5 MB)
Beginning in 2013, the easterly segment of the Mississippi River Trail that follows US 61 will be closed to through traffic between LaCrescent and Dresbach. New trail segments will be fully open in 2016.