- Bid Letting
- Contracting tools
(A+B Bidding, Incentives, Warranties, etc.)
- Federal Highway Administration
Proposals, Clarifications, Information
- Completed in 2007
- Bid Award Score Summary (608kb PDF)
Form 14 Proposal Price Forms
Conformed RFP (zip files)
RFP Clarifications and addenda
- #10, Aug. 25, 2005 (57kb PDF)
- #9, Aug. 23, 2005 (22kb PDF)
- #8, Aug 18, 2005 (31kb PDF)
- #7, Aug. 12, 2005 (41kb PDF)
- #6, Aug. 4, 2005 (23kb PDF)
- #5, July 22, 2005 (42kb PDF)
- #4, June 24, 2005 (46kb PDF)
- #3, June 17, 2005 (55kb PDF)
- #2, June 10, 2005 (41kb PDF)
- #1, June 9, 2005 (40kb PDF)
- RFP Addenda (22kb PDF)
- Short-listed teams, May 25, 2005 (15kb PDF)
- Request for Qualifications, March 18, 2005 (198kb PDF)
- Project Information Workshop Attendance Record (73kb PDF)
- Project Information Workshop Powerpoint Presentation (483kb PDF)
- RFQ Addendum #3, April 22, 2005 (112kb PDF)
- RFQ Addendum #2, April 8, 2005 (112kb PDF)
- RFQ Addendum #1 April 4, 2005 (414kb PDF)
About the Hwy 52/Oronoco project
Mn/DOT - District 6 (Rochester/Owatonna/Winona)
State Project Number: 5508-84
Project Web site: http://projects.dot.state.mn.us/oronoco52/
- Hwy 52 segment located in Olmsted County
- Starts near junction of 85th Street and continues northerly to the 59th Avenue intersection in Oronoco
- Hwy 52 between Rochester and the Twin Cities is classified as a high-priority interregional corridor
- $37 million
This segment of Hwy 52 features several at-grade intersections.
Heavy traffic volumes and high speeds make it difficult for traffic to safely access the highway from local cross streets and public roads.
A December, 2000 Road Safety Audit revealed that the County Road 12(N) intersection in Oronoco had an accident rate twice as high as the statewide average for similar intersections.
Additionally, the existing northbound Hwy 52 bridges over Lake Shady qualify for replacement based on age, condition, bridge sufficiency ratings, substandard hydraulic capacity and substandard width.
This project, completed with a single design-build contract includes improvements:
- Diamond interchange at County Road 112/ 12 (S)
- Overpass at County Road 12 (N)
- New mainline bridges over Lake Shady
- Frontage road construction to facilitate access to local roads
- Access control measures to improve safety.
- The proposed project provides safer and more efficient traffic operations on Hwy 52 and the adjoining county/local road system.
Jai Kalsy, P.E.
Design-build Project Coordinator