About this project
- Replace the bridge over the Cottonwood River south of Sanborn. The existing bridge was built in 1931 and is near the end of its useful life.
- The new bridge will be wider with 12-foot driving lanes and 10-foot shoulders.
- Minor work will take place on the approaches to improve drainage on the bridge, including reshaping the ditches and stream stabilization.
- New guardrail will be installed.
- The US 71 Cottonwood River crossing will remain closed during construction (shown in red on map); please use the detour route (blue line on map) which follows Brown CR 21 & 2, and Hwy 14.
- The city bridge river crossing (shown in orange on map) will also be closed and detoured during the project.
Friday, September 17, 2021
- This week, crews continued to work on approach panels and stripping bridge deck forms.
- Next week, crews will finish up the approach panels and work on roadway grading.