Current traffic impacts
- There are currently no traffic impacts
Upcoming traffic impacts
About this project
Summary of work
- Construction of Reduced Conflict Intersection, also called a J-turn, at the intersection of US 71 and Kandiyohi County 90.
- MnDOT received funding from the Highway Safety Improvement Program (HSIP) to construct a J-turn due to the amount of severe crashes at this location.
- Reduced Conflict Intersections, such as J-turns, decrease fatalities and injuries caused by broadside crashes on four-lane divided highways.
- Studies show a 70% reduction in fatalities and a 42% reduction in injury crashes where Reduced Conflict Intersections are used.