Current traffic impacts
- There will be a detour on DeKalb intersection that will begin Monday, October 15. Traffic will be routed to US Highway 71 via Highways 19 and 67.
- Signal at Swain Street was removed and converted to a four-way stop on August 29.
- Asphalt paving and patching completed.
- Temporary striping completed.
- Permanent striping will be applied in spring due to cold weather.
- All pipe work and grading completed.
- Concrete sidewalk and pedestrian ramp work completed. One concrete boulevard will be installed in the spring.
- Temporary signals will be installed due to a delay in getting the new traffic signals fabricated. They will be in place through the winter and permanent signals installed in the spring.
- Signals, shouldering, signing and seeding/erosion control will be worked on the week of Nov. 12, weather permitting.
Summary of work
- Construction of continuous two-way left turn lane from Cook Street to Patton Street
- New signal system at CR 101
- Replacement of signal at Dekalb Street
- Replacement of signal at Swain Street
- ADA improvements (pedestrian ramps, sidewalks and driveways) from just west of South Minnesota Street to Patton Street
- ADA improvements (pedestrian ramps, sidewalks and driveways) from West 11th Street to Hwy 71