MnDOT is constructing a roundabout at the intersection of US 71 and Hwy 7 near the city of Blomkest.
- Roundabouts show an 89% decrease in fatal crashes, a 74% decrease in life-altering injury crashes and a 39% decrease in all crashes
- Roundabouts handle high levels of traffic with less delay than stop signs or signals
- The entry curves slow traffic, making entering and exiting easier, safer, and more efficient
- Where roundabouts replace signals, idling decreases, which reduces vehicle emissions and fuel consumption by over 30 percent
- How to navigate a roundabout
Americans with Disabilities Act
All MnDOT projects--both new construction and rehabilitation projects-- must include an evaluation to ensure compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. This project does not include any specific accessibility components.
Teal Spellman, MnDOT Project Manager
Al Setrum, Construction Project Manager
Mandi Lighthizer-Schmidt, MnDOT Public Affairs