Summary of work
- Construction of new bridge on Hwy 40, 3 miles west of Milan
Current traffic impacts
- There are currently no traffic impacts
- Project is scheduled for construction in 2019
- Final design of the bridge is scheduled to be done in early 2019
- An open house will be held in the winter of 2019 so that members of the public can view the final design
- Check out current bridge renderings here
- Loss of the existing bridge has been determined as an "Adverse Effect" to the Lac qui Parle Flood Control Project Historic District, which is eligible for listing in the National Register of Historic Places.
- As the design of the new bridge progresses, MnDOT is consulting with the State Historic Preservation Office and other interested parties on ways to avoid and reduce further effects to historic resources.