About this project
Summary of MnDOT work
- Reconstruct Hwy 15 through downtown Hutchinson
- Resurface Hwy 15 from 5th Ave S to just north of the roundabout at CR 115 / Airport Road
- Add a northbound left-turn lane at Linden Ave
- Update pedestrian crossings along project areas to make them accessible for everyone
Summary of City of Hutchinson work
- Replace storm sewer, water, and sanitary sewer along the project area
- Hwy 15 between 2nd Ave N and 5th Ave S closes April 13.
- Detour (map above) goes into effect Monday, April 13.
- Access downtown homes and businesses using Franklin St and Adams St.
- Cross Hwy 15 at Washington, 2nd Ave S and 5th Ave S (two intersections will be open at a time).
- During the repaving project (orange line on the map), expect temporary lane closures from 5th Ave. S to just north of the roundabout at CR 115 for the pavement resurfacing project.
- A temporary signal will be installed at Hwy 7 and CR 115 on Friday, April 3.
- The signal will provide detour traffic control for the duration of the project.
- Construction begins Monday, April 13.
- A virtual open house will be available April 10-24.